Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: Is the Earth flat?

Postby frazier9495 » July 28th, 2017, 5:08 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:I'm sold

[ img ]

More pizza references! :ROFL

The global elite at Disney have been trying to tell us we live on a pizza shaped planet for over 20 years with subliminal messages. I never realized it until just now. 20 was right, when you do the research it becomes quite obvious the earth is flat.

frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby JdPat04 » July 30th, 2017, 6:34 pm

Found 20
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby gatrnation1 » July 31st, 2017, 2:15 am

Yes, the earth is flat, we eat soylent green, andUSCal is relevant.
gatrnation1

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby Citronauts_Knights » July 31st, 2017, 7:07 pm

There are some things about the flat Earth argument that raise questions. The bit about the horizon rising to your eyes no matter how high up you go is probably the biggest one. I'm no scientist or mathematician, but it seems to me that on a sphere, the horizon would curve down below the effect of perspective, but maybe on a large enough sphere, that isn't the case.

There are some other bits that if true, would be pretty strong evidence, but they'd have to really be proven out by reputable experimenters or with irrefutable data. These include the experiment where a distance of 6 miles over water yielded no curvature, the supposed irregular flight patterns of airplanes, and if it is really illegal to go to Antarctica as a private citizen. Also, you could throw in the bit about being able to see cities across bodies of water at distances where such a thing should be impossible.

There is, however, one thing that the flat earth people should give up as a talking point: the supposed motion of the Earth around the sun and through the galaxy. I've seen them raise the question: "how could we be traveling so fast and not be able to feel it?" That's an easy one to answer: we don't feel velocity. Velocity is not a force. We only feel acceleration, which is a change in velocity. If you're traveling in a car at 100 mph and you're on a really smooth road, in a car with a good suspension, you're not likely to feel much in relation to your motion. If you're in an airplane, you only feel takeoffs and landings, turbulence, and if the airplane pitches to one side or another. If the airplane hit absolutely no turbulence, and flew in a constant, straight path, you'd only ever feel takeoff and landings. Because we don't feel velocity, we only feel changes in velocity (acceleration.) We only feel increases or decreases in velocity, or changes in the direction of the velocity. If you're in a car going 60 mph and you quickly brake to 0, you're going to feel it. Likewise, if you quickly accelerate from 0 to 60, you're going to feel that too. Also, if you are going 60 and then make a sharp turn, you're going to feel that, even though you didn't change speed, because you changed the direction of your velocity. So, the Earth, supposedly traveling through space, a medium which has no wind resistance and thus enables a constant velocity, we would not feel the motion of the Earth.

Ok, I'm done with my nerdout.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » July 31st, 2017, 8:37 pm

The Earth doesn't move the same way my car doesn't move whenever I am in it driving. I stay in the same seat and everything. Anyone who actually believes Flat Earth Theory deserves a Darwin Award.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 31st, 2017, 8:51 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:The Earth doesn't move the same way my car doesn't move whenever I am in it driving. I stay in the same seat and everything. Anyone who actually believes Flat Earth Theory deserves a Darwin Award.

Open yer mind. Git researchin'. Evolution? :biglol Fake news, bro. :earplugs
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FlatEarth » August 1st, 2017, 4:42 pm

Canes_Knights wrote:There are some things about the flat Earth argument that raise questions. The bit about the horizon rising to your eyes no matter how high up you go is probably the biggest one. I'm no scientist or mathematician, but it seems to me that on a sphere, the horizon would curve down below the effect of perspective, but maybe on a large enough sphere, that isn't the case.

There are some other bits that if true, would be pretty strong evidence, but they'd have to really be proven out by reputable experimenters or with irrefutable data. These include the experiment where a distance of 6 miles over water yielded no curvature, the supposed irregular flight patterns of airplanes, and if it is really illegal to go to Antarctica as a private citizen. Also, you could throw in the bit about being able to see cities across bodies of water at distances where such a thing should be impossible.

There is, however, one thing that the flat earth people should give up as a talking point: the supposed motion of the Earth around the sun and through the galaxy. I've seen them raise the question: "how could we be traveling so fast and not be able to feel it?" That's an easy one to answer: we don't feel velocity. Velocity is not a force. We only feel acceleration, which is a change in velocity. If you're traveling in a car at 100 mph and you're on a really smooth road, in a car with a good suspension, you're not likely to feel much in relation to your motion. If you're in an airplane, you only feel takeoffs and landings, turbulence, and if the airplane pitches to one side or another. If the airplane hit absolutely no turbulence, and flew in a constant, straight path, you'd only ever feel takeoff and landings. Because we don't feel velocity, we only feel changes in velocity (acceleration.) We only feel increases or decreases in velocity, or changes in the direction of the velocity. If you're in a car going 60 mph and you quickly brake to 0, you're going to feel it. Likewise, if you quickly accelerate from 0 to 60, you're going to feel that too. Also, if you are going 60 and then make a sharp turn, you're going to feel that, even though you didn't change speed, because you changed the direction of your velocity. So, the Earth, supposedly traveling through space, a medium which has no wind resistance and thus enables a constant velocity, we would not feel the motion of the Earth.

Ok, I'm done with my nerdout.

Agree with most. The airplane argument further proves a flat earth too. If the Earth were truly a sphere 25,000 miles in circumference, airplane pilots would have to constantly correct their altitudes downwards so as to not fly straight off into “outer space.” A pilot wishing to simply maintain their altitude at a typical cruising speed of 500 mph, would have to constantly dip their nose downwards and descend 2,777 feet (over half a mile) every minute! Otherwise, without compensation, in one hour’s time the pilot would find themselves 31.5 miles higher than expected. Therefore, at that rate of decline, you would absolutely feel this and most of the flight for that matter. Unfortunately, though, we're on a flat plane and the cruising altitude rides have very little feeling to speak of as they don't have to adjust flights for the "curvature" of the earth as it doesn't exist...

FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby FlatEarth » September 12th, 2017, 3:02 pm

It's Tuesday September 12, 2017 and the Uyuni Salt Flats are still 100 by 80 miles of completely flat plane.

[ img ]

ImpossiBALL
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby Muck FcDisney » September 12th, 2017, 5:15 pm

Mountains, valleys, canyons... still not flat.

PROOFS!
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FlatEarth » September 13th, 2017, 2:54 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:Mountains, valleys, canyons... still not flat.

PROOFS!

Not a ball... Not a meaningless, indoctrinated, explosion from nothing like we were all taught.

Fact. Proven over and over again. :wave2

It burns to even think about setting your ego aside to actually think for yourself. Trust me, I get it... :wave

I wish you luck in this epic adventure and know for a fact you will awaken soon enough. Research the history of Flat Earth.
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby FSUKW » September 13th, 2017, 1:49 pm

Stop saying "fact" you idiot!!!!!
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FlatEarth » September 13th, 2017, 3:13 pm

Why? :harbaugh ??

The Earth is a flat, motionless plane, not a spinning wobbling oblate spheroid. Fact.
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby FSUKW » September 13th, 2017, 4:28 pm

2+2=9

Fact!!
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » September 13th, 2017, 4:32 pm

FSUKW wrote:2+2=9

Fact!!

Georgia & Miami > Bama & FSU = FACT!!
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FlatEarth » September 13th, 2017, 10:09 pm

Both of those are ridiculous. Just like thinking nothing exploded and now we're on a wobbling and spinning oblate pear-shaped spheroid shooting off through "space" at incalculable speeds rather than just dropping the ego, opening your eyes and seeing the truth. You dudes are so completely asleep behind the wheel it's actually kind of sad. You would rather believe what someone else tells you rather than believe what your own senses show you. That's the definition of insanity.

Really do hope you both break the chains and seek the truth in this one shot you have on this particular realm. It may change your entire future.

The Earth is absolutely a flat, motionless plane and the heavens above are doing exactly what they appear to be doing.
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby FSUKW » September 13th, 2017, 10:14 pm

20ozBulldog wrote:Both of those are ridiculous. Just like thinking nothing exploded and now we're on a wobbling and spinning oblate pear-shaped spheroid shooting off through "space" at incalculable speeds rather than just dropping the ego, opening your eyes and seeing the truth. You dudes are so completely asleep behind the wheel it's actually kind of sad. You would rather believe what someone else tells you rather than believe what your own senses show you. That's the definition of insanity.

Really do hope you both break the chains and seek the truth in this one shot you have on this particular realm. It may change your entire future.

The Earth is absolutely a flat, motionless plane and the heavens above are doing exactly what they appear to be doing.

You forgot to say "Fact". I can only take you serious when you do.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby frazier9495 » September 26th, 2017, 4:51 pm

Has this been discussed? Has 20 donated already?

http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-star ... lat-2017-9
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion