With the whole transgender thing...

Moderator: JdPat04

With the whole transgender thing...

Postby Citronauts_Knights » May 24th, 2016, 12:14 pm

As you all probably know by now, I'm pretty socially liberal. I think the gays should be able to get married and have the same rights to be miserable as straight people.

However, while I don't really care about people being transgender (or transexual), if I'm honest with myself and my minor in psychology, I really feel like this is a mental illness. And of course that would set the SJWs out with the pitchforks and torches, but SJWs are one of the things that's wrong with the world today. But I really feel like a person who is biologically one gender yet believes or feels that they are the other (or those weird tumblr types that think there are more than 2 genders) has some sort of psychological issue. And I think that if we don't recognize it as such, and treat it as such, and offer treatment as such, we are doing those that suffer from it a great disservice. I mean, imagine if we similarly indulged schizophrenics and were like "well, he thinks he's a dragon, so who are we to say he isn't?"

:justsayin
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Re: With the whole transgender thing...

Postby aubert » May 24th, 2016, 12:24 pm

my dick is so small i could piss in either restroom just sayin........
aubert

Postby CraigKressel » May 24th, 2016, 2:00 pm

Canes_Knights wrote:As you all probably know by now, I'm pretty socially liberal. I think the gays should be able to get married and have the same rights to be miserable as straight people.

However, while I don't really care about people being transgender (or transexual), if I'm honest with myself and my minor in psychology, I really feel like this is a mental illness. And of course that would set the SJWs out with the pitchforks and torches, but SJWs are one of the things that's wrong with the world today. But I really feel like a person who is biologically one gender yet believes or feels that they are the other (or those weird tumblr types that think there are more than 2 genders) has some sort of psychological issue. And I think that if we don't recognize it as such, and treat it as such, and offer treatment as such, we are doing those that suffer from it a great disservice. I mean, imagine if we similarly indulged schizophrenics and were like "well, he thinks he's a dragon, so who are we to say he isn't?"

Being gay is a mental illness too, just like pedophilia, foot fetishes, S&M, etc. All mental illnesses. The thing that really kills me is liberals are a complete contradiction. A lot of liberals are atheists and believe that evolution is a fact, well if evolution is a fact how can being gay be genetic, wouldn't the gene have been wiped out by now since you cannot procreate with gay sex and being gay would lead to less procreation? Then if you are a liberal and a christian or Jewish or Muslim it would go completely against your beliefs another contradiction. Liberals are fucking stupid all they ever do is contradict themselves.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby aubert » May 24th, 2016, 2:20 pm

Seven things I’m learning about transgender persons

OpinionMark Wingfield | May 13, 2016

WingfieldI don’t know much about transgender issues, but I’m trying to learn.

How about you? How much do you really know about this subject beyond all the screaming headlines and concerns about who goes to the bathroom where?

The truth is that I don’t know any transgender persons — at least I don’t think I do. But with the help of a pediatrician friend and a geneticist friend, I’m listening and trying to learn. This is hard, though, because understanding the transgender experience seems so far outside what I have ever contemplated before. And the more I learn, the more theological questions I face as well. This is hard, even for a pastor.

Here’s some of what I’m learning from my friends who have experience as medical professionals dealing with real people and real families:

1. Even though LGBT gets lumped together in one tagline, the T is quite different than the LG and B. “Lesbian,” “gay” and “bisexual” describe sexual orientation. “Transgender” describes gender identity. These are not the same thing. Sexual orientation is about whom we feel an attraction to and want to mate with; gender identity is about whether we identify as male or female.

2. What you see is not always what you get. For the vast majority of humanity, the presence of male or female genitalia corresponds to whether a person is male or female. What you see is what you are. But for a small part of humanity (something less than 1 percent), the visible parts and the inner identity do not line up. For example, it is possible to be born with male genitalia but female chromosomes or vice versa. And now brain research has demonstrated that it also is possible to be born with female genitalia, female chromosomes but a male brain. Most of us hit the jackpot upon birth with all three factors lining up like cherries on a slot machine: Our anatomy, chromosomes and brain cells all correspond as either male or female. But some people are born with variations in one or two of these indicators.

3. Stuff happens at birth that most of us never know. It’s not an everyday occurrence but it’s also not infrequent that babies are born with ambiguous or incomplete sexual anatomy. In the past, surgeons often made the decision about whether this child would be a boy or a girl, based on what was the easiest surgical fix. Today, much more thought is given to these life-changing decisions.

4. Transgender persons are not “transvestites.” Far too many of us make this mix-up, in part because the words sound similar and we have no real knowledge of either. Cross-dressers, identified in slang as “transvestites,” are people (typically men) who are happy with their gender but derive pleasure from occasionally dressing like the opposite gender. Cross-dressing is about something other than gender identity.

5. Transgender persons are not pedophiles. The typical profile of a pedophile is an adult male who identifies as heterosexual and most likely even is married. There is zero statistical evidence to link transgender persons to pedophilia.

6. Transgender persons hate all the attention they’re getting. The typical transgender person wants desperately not to attract attention. All this publicity and talk of bathroom habits is highly disconcerting to people who have spent their lives trying not to stand out or become the center of attention.

7. Transgender persons are the product of nature much more than nurture. Debate the origins of homosexuality if you’d like and what role nature vs. nurture plays. But for those who are transgender, nature undeniably plays a primary role. According to medical science, chromosomal variances occur within moments of conception, and anatomical development happens within the nine months in the womb. There is no nature vs. nurture argument, except in cases of brain development, which is an emerging field of study.

This last point in particular raises the largest of theological questions. If Christians really believe every person is created in the image of God, how can we damn a baby who comes from the womb with gender dysphoria? My pediatrician friend puts it this way: “We must believe that even if some people got a lower dose of a chromosome, or an enzyme, or a hormonal effect, that does not mean that they got a lower dose of God’s image.”

I don’t know much about transgender issues, but I’m trying to learn — in part because I want to understand the way God has made us. For me, this is a theological quest as much as a biological inquiry or a political cause. How about you?

Related opinion articles:
aubert

Postby Muck FcDisney » May 24th, 2016, 2:45 pm

CraigKressel wrote:
Canes_Knights wrote:As you all probably know by now, I'm pretty socially liberal. I think the gays should be able to get married and have the same rights to be miserable as straight people.

Being gay is a mental illness too, just like pedophilia, foot fetishes, S&M, etc. All mental illnesses. The thing that really kills me is liberals are a complete contradiction. A lot of liberals are atheists and believe that evolution is a fact, well if evolution is a fact how can being gay be genetic, wouldn't the gene have been wiped out by now since you cannot procreate with gay sex and being gay would lead to less procreation? Then if you are a liberal and a christian or Jewish or Muslim it would go completely against your beliefs another contradiction. Liberals are fucking stupid all they ever do is contradict themselves.

Are pussy, tit, ass, and leg fetishes mental illness? If so, lock me up already! :jail

I don't understand foot, arm hair, etc fetishes though. :crazy
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » May 24th, 2016, 5:04 pm

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

This administration has become a parody of itself. FULL FUCKING RETARD, people.

If you, like 55% of U.S. parents with school-age children, oppose the POS’s latest stunt, ordering all schools, colleges and universities that receive federal financial assistance to allow so-called “transgenders” — a biological impossibility — to use the rest- or locker-room of their predilection, instead of in accordance to their biological plumbing, it’s even worse than you think.

A rule-of-thumb when it comes to information is: Always go to the primary or original source, instead of rely on second- or third-hand sources.

That’s what Ben Johnson of LifeSiteNews did, and he discovered that there’s much more in the 8-page “Dear Colleague Letter on Transgender Students” that Obama issued on May 13, 2016, via his mouthpieces — the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division and the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights — executive branch bureaucracies that, under him, have become oxymoronic, being neither justice nor education.

Here are the even more noxious directives in the transgender letter, all issued in the name of creating and sustaining “inclusive, supportive, safe, and nondiscriminatory communities for all students”:

(1) School districts must allow biological males and females to spend the night together in the same hotel room on field trips.

(2) Colleges must let men who say they are “transgender” be roommates with one or more women.

(3) School officials cannot even tell those young women or their parents in advance that their new roommate is a man, without risking a federal lawsuit.

(4) The most noxious aspect of the “Dear Colleague Letter” is how the federal government defines “transgender.”

“Transgender” is entirely subjectively defined: a student becomes a member of the opposite sex the moment he or she feels like it. The instant he or she tells school officials about his/her feeling, they must immediately treat him/her as that gender. In the words of the “Dear Colleague Letter”:

“When a student or the student’s parent or guardian, as appropriate, notifies the school administration that the student will assert a gender identity that differs from previous representations or records, the school will begin treating the student consistent with the student’s gender identity.”

In other words, it’s all the student’s say so; school districts are prohibited even from seeking a medical diagnosis. As the letter says:

“Under [the Obama administration’s unilateral rewriting of] Title IX, there is no medical diagnosis or treatment requirement that students must meet as a prerequisite to being treated consistent with their gender identity.”

The student doesn’t have to have surgery or take hormone treatments. He can even continue to look and act as a male, but simply claims he “feels” like a female.

(5) Just as there is no minimum threshold required to qualify as transgender, there is no maximum limit to the number of times a student can change genders, for as CNN reported, “For some people, gender is not just about being male or female. In fact, how one identifies can change every day or even every few hours.” That means that one could be male during homeroom, female during gym class, then male again before he gets on the bus – and the school district is bound to comply every step of the way. (See also “The bi-gender boy who decides every morning what sex he wants to be“)

(6) Schools must provide “transgender” students proper housing:

“A school must allow transgender students to access housing consistent with their gender identity, and may not require transgender students to stay in single-occupancy accommodations or to disclose personal information when not required of other students.”

That means that a student who says he is really a female must be allowed to spend the night in the same room as female students, such as his girlfriend’s hotel room on a field trip, or even the room of a girl who isn’t his girlfriend.

Nor can his sharing of the room be chaperoned because under civil rights law, there can be no disparate treatment. If transgender students are chaperoned but “other” girls aren’t, that’s profiling and could trigger a federal civil rights lawsuit — which is already a reality.

Three years ago, the Obama administration sided with a transgender female after California’s Arcadia Unified School District refused to let her “bunk with [her] buddies” on a seventh grade overnight field trip. The Obama administration forced a settlement on the school district, which agreed to the teenager’s requests for hotel rooms during “overnight events and extracurricular activities on and off campus, consistent with [her] gender identity.”

Worse still, the Arcadia settlement – dictated by the Obama administration – says the so-called “transgender” student’s birth sex must be “treated as confidential” by school officials and cannot be disclosed without “express written consent.” That means your daughter may not know she will be spending the night with a boy until she gets to her hotel room. Even then, she is forbidden to ask about her roommate’s sex or gender because “asking personal questions about a person’s body” is a form of harassment. And if the college tells the young lady her roommate is a biological male without his express consent, it could be sued.

Obama is now taking Arcadia nationwide.

All of this is being forced on America via the dictate of the Adminstrative State On Steroids — unelected bureaucrats in the executive branch of the federal government — without the authorization of Congress, supposedly the legislative branch of the U.S. government, or the input of the American people.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Citronauts_Knights » May 24th, 2016, 6:14 pm

We're going to have a lot of transgender college boys saying they're girls so that they can live in the girls' dorm.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby aubert » May 24th, 2016, 6:22 pm

i have a friend who has a sixteen year old daughter who just came out as a boy less than a year or so ago. i have been to thanksgiving dinner at their house and even the homerun derby. if you did not know you would not know. and this person would absolutely die if someone hit on her for sex in a bathroom. and she is an honor student etc etc etc. anyway i think it is blown out of proportion. hell i worry more about preachers and teachers having sex with kids. hell tennessee....and not a troll.....just arrested two pastors for child trafficking if i was not who dooed. it seemed very legit. with me tho who know cus i still get burned once or twice a week. but hell boys i am old and not as quick as i used to be.
aubert

Postby bigbluebazooka » May 24th, 2016, 10:14 pm

:agree :goodpost
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » May 24th, 2016, 10:14 pm

bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » May 24th, 2016, 10:24 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:

Are pussy, tit, ass, and leg fetishes mental illness? If so, lock me up already! :jail

:lolthumb
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby frazier9495 » May 24th, 2016, 10:32 pm

aubert wrote:3. Stuff happens at birth that most of us never know. It’s not an everyday occurrence but it’s also not infrequent that babies are born with ambiguous or incomplete sexual anatomy. In the past, surgeons often made the decision about whether this child would be a boy or a girl, based on what was the easiest surgical fix. Today, much more thought is given to these life-changing decisions.

My friend's wife is a pediatric nurse and when they were having their first kid she was telling him about this to try to freak him out. He basically said he didn't care if the doctors were 95% sure it should be a boy, he would make it a girl no matter what. A lot easier to accept having a girl thinking she is a boy over a boy thinking he should be a girl...and she might even be good at sports :lol:
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby Muck FcDisney » May 24th, 2016, 11:35 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:[ img ]

:ROFL2
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » May 25th, 2016, 1:46 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:[ img ]

:ROFL2
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby CraigKressel » May 25th, 2016, 1:54 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:

I don't understand foot, arm hair, etc fetishes though. :crazy

I hope you are completely joking. How could pussy, tit, or ass be a fetish? It is a normal sexual behavior to desire them, for a male at least, a fetish is an abnormal sexual desire. Maybe if you were just obsessed with vaginas or something where you took it to an abnormal level.

My point is being gay is an abnormal sexual behavior and should be treated as such not made as an exception. If I do something weird I hope people call me out on it instead of try to be sensitive to my abnormal behavior. LGBT community needs to shut the fuck up.

Its funny if a guy only wanted to fuck girls in the ass and only the ass, it would be considered an abnormal behavior, but when a guy wants to fuck guys in the ass it is considered normal behavior? :facepalm
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » May 25th, 2016, 2:29 am

Craig... let's go by paragraph here.

1. Yes, I was obviously joking.

2. I agree that it's abnormal, but I think it should be tolerated. In other words, I'm sure as shit not going to tell my son that faggotry is normal, but I do love me some lesbian porn.

3. I think anal sex and titty fucking could certainly be considered abnormal. This would obviously make gay anal sex more abnormal. Not sure where you got this idea.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby aubert » May 25th, 2016, 2:54 am

so craig is it your religious beliefs that make you feel this way?
aubert

Postby frazier9495 » May 25th, 2016, 3:05 am

aubert wrote:so craig is it your religious beliefs that make you feel this way?

I think he has the mental illness he described in this thread
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby aubert » May 25th, 2016, 3:16 am

well he is a "nut" so to speak.......
aubert

Postby CraigKressel » May 25th, 2016, 3:41 am

aubert wrote:so craig is it your religious beliefs that make you feel this way?

No it is an observation where common sense is applied.

What is the difference between someone that engages in any abnormal sexual behavior and someone that is gay?
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Next

Return to General Discussion