aubster, you like motorcycles, right?

Moderator: JdPat04

aubster, you like motorcycles, right?

Postby Citronauts_Knights » July 28th, 2015, 5:16 pm

I seem to remember that. Last week I bought a 1972 Triumph TR6R Tiger.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Re: aubster, you like motorcycles, right?

Postby Citronauts_Knights » July 28th, 2015, 5:52 pm

Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 28th, 2015, 5:55 pm

CK is David Schwimmer? :shocker :shocker :shocker :shocker

[ img ]
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby ericberry14 » July 28th, 2015, 5:56 pm

:biglol nice glamour shots
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Citronauts_Knights » July 28th, 2015, 6:20 pm

aubiefifty wrote:man i was barely 16 then lol. been a long time.thats pretty damn sweet.

yeah, I like it.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:CK is David Schwimmer? :shocker :shocker :shocker :shocker

[ img ]

:thought

ericberry14 wrote::biglol nice glamour shots

I'm happy with them, and the ladies seem to like them.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby ericberry14 » July 28th, 2015, 8:37 pm

I thought you were in a pretty serious relationship
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Citronauts_Knights » July 28th, 2015, 8:50 pm

ericberry14 wrote:I thought you were in a pretty serious relationship

I was. Moved down to Atlanta with a woman, but we grew apart, because I'm into working out and being active and she's not. She never really wanted to do anything and I like getting out and doing stuff. So, we broke up and she moved back to Madison.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby gatrnation1 » July 30th, 2015, 2:30 am

Nice classic CK, I liked my sport bike until I totaled it.
gatrnation1

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby 08GatorBait » July 30th, 2015, 2:32 pm

I passed my safety course and got my endorsement finally. I'm looking this weekend to figure out what I'm getting.
\
My big issue is which is safer in the rain? Cruiser or Sportsbike. Florida it FUCKING RAINS CONSTANTLY and there is zero doubt I'll get caught in the rain quite a few times because I want to drive it a lot. Would a Cruiser be better, seems most have deeper tread on the tires which is nice.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby JdPat04 » July 30th, 2015, 8:00 pm

08GatorBait wrote:I passed my safety course and got my endorsement finally. I'm looking this weekend to figure out what I'm getting.
\
My big issue is which is safer in the rain? Cruiser or Sportsbike. Florida it FUCKING RAINS CONSTANTLY and there is zero doubt I'll get caught in the rain quite a few times because I want to drive it a lot. Would a Cruiser be better, seems most have deeper tread on the tires which is nice.

This is the safest for riding it in the rain
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Citronauts_Knights » July 30th, 2015, 8:14 pm

gatrnation1 wrote:Nice classic CK, I liked my sport bike until I totaled it.

Thanks dude. I'm loving it so far.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Citronauts_Knights » July 30th, 2015, 8:16 pm

08GatorBait wrote:I passed my safety course and got my endorsement finally. I'm looking this weekend to figure out what I'm getting.
\

Nice! I passed mine a few weeks ago. I would think that you should get what you like, and what you're going to be comfortable with.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby aTahmission » July 30th, 2015, 9:11 pm

aubiefifty wrote:also gb i was told by a know it all friend that the thinner the motorcycle tire the better the traction. you might want to inquire on that. wish atah would pop in he could let you know for sure.

Ask and you shall receive! :wave

Honestly, I don't know that there's a measurable difference in safety on a sport bike compared to a cruiser when riding in the rain. A lot of modern sport bikes have traction control, power mapping (reduced torque and HP settings for rain) and ABS, but the most important factor to consider is your tires. Largely wider tires give you better traction by simple virtue of creating greater contact surface with the ground, but mostly that affects cornering ability (higher HP sport bikes get bigger rear tires for corner-exit acceleration). In a straight line, it all comes down to the channeling in your tires and their ability to whisk away water while maintaining contact with the pavement. I've seen pretty good selections of sport bike tires specifically designed for racing or track days in the rain, but I'm sure there's an equivalent in the cruiser world. To GB, I've ridden a ton in the rain and have never had an issue. Just don't be too hot on the throttle/brakes and watch for puddles, and you'll be fine.
aTahmission

Team Logo:
Michigan Wolverines

Postby JdPat04 » July 31st, 2015, 3:00 am

aTahmission wrote:
aubiefifty wrote:also gb i was told by a know it all friend that the thinner the motorcycle tire the better the traction. you might want to inquire on that. wish atah would pop in he could let you know for sure.

Honestly, I don't know that there's a measurable difference in safety on a sport bike compared to a cruiser when riding in the rain. A lot of modern sport bikes have traction control, power mapping (reduced torque and HP settings for rain) and ABS, but the most important factor to consider is your tires. Largely wider tires give you better traction by simple virtue of creating greater contact surface with the ground, but mostly that affects cornering ability (higher HP sport bikes get bigger rear tires for corner-exit acceleration). In a straight line, it all comes down to the channeling in your tires and their ability to whisk away water while maintaining contact with the pavement. I've seen pretty good selections of sport bike tires specifically designed for racing or track days in the rain, but I'm sure there's an equivalent in the cruiser world. To GB, I've ridden a ton in the rain and have never had an issue. Just don't be too hot on the throttle/brakes and watch for puddles, and you'll be fine.

How the fuck?

I think the last time you posted you popped in just like that after your name was mentioned :eyebrow

Fraz you dirty bastid :toetap
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby frazier9495 » July 31st, 2015, 3:28 am

JdPat04 wrote:
aTahmission wrote:

How the fuck?

I think the last time you posted you popped in just like that after your name was mentioned :eyebrow

:innocent
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby aTahmission » July 31st, 2015, 3:55 am

JdPat04 wrote:
aTahmission wrote:

How the fuck?

It's not so uncommon that I'm one of those lurking in the background. I'm just typically too lazy to contribute when I have to type on this shitty tablet keyboard.
aTahmission

Team Logo:
Michigan Wolverines

Postby JdPat04 » July 31st, 2015, 4:50 am

aTahmission wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
aTahmission wrote:

How the fuck?

It's not so uncommon that I'm one of those lurking in the background. I'm just typically too lazy to contribute when I have to type on this shitty tablet keyboard.

Well hell dude, 2-3 posts a day would kick ass. Even one is better than none. :up

Quality > quantity & even more when it's a quality poster
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby frazier9495 » July 31st, 2015, 6:31 am

aTahmission wrote:It's not so uncommon that I'm one of those lurking in the background. I'm just typically too lazy to contribute when I have to type on this shitty tablet keyboard.

So to bring you out of hiding we should make a thread about motorcycles :thought
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby aTahmission » July 31st, 2015, 12:58 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
aTahmission wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
aTahmission wrote:

How the fuck?

Well hell dude, 2-3 posts a day would kick ass. Even one is better than none. :up

Quality > quantity & even more when it's a quality poster

What I need to do is get back into the habit of frequently posting from work. 8)
aTahmission

Team Logo:
Michigan Wolverines

Postby aTahmission » July 31st, 2015, 12:59 pm

frazier9495 wrote:
aTahmission wrote:It's not so uncommon that I'm one of those lurking in the background. I'm just typically too lazy to contribute when I have to type on this shitty tablet keyboard.

So to bring you out of hiding we should make a thread about motorcycles :thought

Motorcycles or boobies. And if you can find a way to combine to two then even better.
aTahmission

Team Logo:
Michigan Wolverines

Return to General Discussion