Uber

Moderator: JdPat04

Uber

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 26th, 2015, 11:19 pm

Why does it make democrats so butthurt, and is their opposition a good idea, considering how many of their followers (esp in big cities) use it?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: Uber

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 26th, 2015, 11:20 pm

:whogivesafuck
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 27th, 2015, 12:03 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote: :whogivesafuck

Democrats, obviously.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 27th, 2015, 12:07 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:

Democrats, obviously.

So you're a Democrat? Interesting. :thought
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 27th, 2015, 12:16 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Democrats, obviously.

Was the simple question in the OP too complicated?

Simply not posting would have made more sense than wgaf and asking if I'm a dem.

Since you don't give a fuck, is it safe to assume you disagree with the dems on this one?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 27th, 2015, 12:21 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Democrats, obviously.

Simply not posting would have made more sense than wgaf and asking if I'm a dem.

Since you don't give a fuck, is it safe to assume you disagree with the dems on this one?

Making a thread to generate topic discussion is a pretty good sign that you give a fuck. :dog

Survey says: you're a Democrat. :clap

I still don't give a fuck about Uber. :wave
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby ericberry14 » July 27th, 2015, 1:43 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Democrats, obviously.

Making a thread to generate topic discussion is a pretty good sign that you give a fuck. :dog

your brain doesn't work very well :(
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » July 27th, 2015, 1:54 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Democrats, obviously.

Well yes, we do give a fuck about Uber. It's a business that is bringing in, jobs, and money, and taxes, etc...

Which is why we have the thought process of why the fuck do democrats hate it? Oh wait that's why.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 27th, 2015, 2:07 am

JdPat04 wrote: we have the thought process of why the fuck do democrats hate it?

Here's 7 thoughts for you to chew on:

- Sabotaging Lyft by booking rides and then canceling them

Uber employees allegedly posed as customers ordered and then canceled rides from Lyft, decreasing Lyft drivers’ availability, wasting time and gas, and possibly sending real customers to Uber instead. Lyft told CNNMoney in August that 177 Uber employees—contractors armed with a burner phone and a credit card—ordered and canceled more than 5,000 rides.

Uber officially denies that it’s playing dirty, but an Uber contractor told The Verge that the company encourages that kind of maneuver.

- Poaching Lyft drivers

Uber employees are known to hail Lyft rides, converse with Lyft drivers, and try to recruit them to Uber before they get to their destination. The system has become complex: there’s an official conversation guide for Uber recruiters, and a messaging app that tells Uber recruiters which Lyft drivers had already been pitched. One source told the Verge that recruiters can earn a $750 commission for successfully recruiting a single new driver to Uber.

- Disrupting established taxi services

Traditional city taxi services aren’t happy with the competitive challenge Uber poses. Sentimentalists mourn the hardships faced by old-line companies like the classic New York City yellow cabs, and many argue that Uber should be subject to the same regulations as traditional taxi services. Uber has faced a slew of legal challenges, lobbying and public mud throwing in dozens of cities it has moved in to.

- One Uber driver allegedly abducted a woman

An Uber driver was arrested in June by Los Angeles police on suspicion of kidnapping a drunk woman and taking her to a hotel, intending to sexual assault her. The LA Times reports that a valet employee at a night club asked an Uber to drive a young woman home, but he instead allegedly drove her to a hotel and slept beside her.

- ..a second driver apparently abducted another woman

Another LA woman was reportedly abducted by an Uber driver last month who took her almost 20 miles out of the way, ignoring her questions and directions, and drove her into a dark empty parking lot in the middle of the night. The driver locked the doors, trapped her inside and only took her home when she screamed and caused a commotion, Valleywag reports. A quick ride turned into a two-hour plus nightmare.

- …a third is said to have abducted a New York-based CEO

The CEO of a New York-based company said he was taken on a wild ride by an Uber driver in July who appeared to be escaping D.C. taxi inspectors.

The Uber driver started down the street, ran a red light and veered away from the D.C. inspector, according to CEO Ryan Simonetti’s story in The Washington Post. Simonetti says he was driven down the highway well above the speed limit as the Uber driver veered, narrowly missing hitting other cars in order to escape the D.C. authorities. “It was insane,” Simonetti said. “I physically tried to force his leg to hit the brake. I ripped off his pant leg…. I said, ‘Here’s two options. You take this exit, or I’m going to knock the side of your head in. If we crash, we crash, but you’re gonna kill us anyway.’” Simonetti managed to escape the car, and the Uber driver screeched away the wrong way up an exit ramp.

- …and a fourth was arrested for supposedly hitting a passenger on the head with a hammer.

In September, an Uber passenger in San Francisco questioned a driver on the route he was taking when things turned ugly, NBC reported. Driver Patrick Karajah pulled the vehicle over and took a hammer, beating the passenger over the head and causing facial fracture and trauma to the head. Karajah is being charged with deadly weapon assault and battery with serious bodily injury; the passenger, Roberto Chicas, faces reconstructive surgery and hasn’t been able to work since the assault.

One of the major complaints against the company is that it doesn’t vet its drivers the way that an established taxi company does. Uber does do a driver background check, but established taxi drivers are often better regulated.

Sounds like the holy grail business of Repuke support. :lolthumb
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby JdPat04 » July 27th, 2015, 2:10 am

Let me act like YP.

Yeah but how did solyndra do? :roasted
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby JdPat04 » July 27th, 2015, 2:16 am

Anyways back to answering your retort like I always do.

Sorry but that's the corporate world. You think Microsoft, Apple, Nintendo, Sony, and every other FUCking company hasn't done shady shit?

You think your Democratic Party doesn't do nasty, illegal, unethical, highly questionable shit to get elected.

You think your elected officials don't break the rules to get what they want done?

Go cry somewhere else about that shit because everyone crying about that shit has done, or would do the same unless it's the people at the bottom but nobody cares about them.

The taxi company. Well too fucking bad. You can't have a monopoly on something for forever. No matter how corrupt you want to be and who all you want to pay off.

You want to stay in business? Get better service, get better drivers, get better cars, and charge better. You could charge better if you wasn't having to pay all the bullshit regulations for all the laws your democrat buddies put into place PLUS paying off officials to keep your monopoly in place.

Lastly the uber drivers doing bad things. Well that's bound to happen.

Let me see all the bad things crazy drivers have done over the years.

I'll wait.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 27th, 2015, 2:22 am

I don't have a party :youfail

7 points posted and you don't have a rebuttal for any. :youfail

Your response boils down to: everyone does illegal shit so let's not talk about the illegal shit Uber does daily b/c it hurts my butt. :dog

:biglol
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby JdPat04 » July 27th, 2015, 3:03 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:I don't have a party :youfail

Your response boils down to: everyone does illegal shit so let's not talk about the illegal shit Uber does daily b/c it hurts my butt. :dog

Deflected and ignored by YP the king of deflectors

:thankyou
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 27th, 2015, 3:09 am

JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:I don't have a party :youfail

Deflected and ignored by YP the king of deflectors

:thankyou

:crazy

Apparently you swallowed too much of Erin's giz today. :sadyes

You lose. As usual. :lolthumb
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 27th, 2015, 3:46 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:

Democrats, YP, and JD, obviously.

Edited for truth. :ROFL @ YP going from :whogivesafuck to WALL OF TEXT in record time. Also, congrats on having the most posts in a thread you don't give a fuck about. :lolthumb
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 27th, 2015, 3:51 am

Muck FcDisney wrote: :ROFL @ YP going from :whogivesafuck to copy/paste in record time. Also, congrats on :trollface my thread you don't give a fuck about. :lolthumb

You're welcum. :2thumbs
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 27th, 2015, 4:01 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote: :ROFL @ YP going from :whogivesafuck to copy/paste in record time. Also, congrats on :trollface my thread you don't give a fuck about. :lolthumb

"Wall of text" is your phrase for cut/paste, provided you don't agree with the content.

And no, you actually got so butthurt that you went from trolling to actually contributing to the discussion. We've broken new ground today. I'm proud of you. :hug
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 27th, 2015, 4:03 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

"Wall of text" is your phrase for cut/paste, provided you don't agree with the content.

And no, you actually got so butthurt that you went from trolling to actually contributing to the discussion. We've broken new ground today. I'm proud of you. :hug

I don't read the content of your walls of text, so there's no telling if I agree with it or not. :justsayin

If my :trollface is considered a "contribution" to this discussion (there is no discussion btw) than that is indeed new ground. :lolthumb
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 27th, 2015, 4:20 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

I don't read the content of your walls of text, so there's no telling if I agree with it or not. :justsayin

If my :trollface is considered a "contribution" to this discussion (there is no discussion btw) than that is indeed new ground. :lolthumb

Someone you disagree with posted the cut/paste, so you already know you don't agree, which is why you refuse to read it. Duh.

You see, when you actually form an argument (I know it's pretty foreign to you...), it is contrubiting to the discussion. Whether you Googled, clicked around a little, and cut/pasted or typed it yourself is irrelevant.

Even though you're in denial of your groundbreaking achievement, it's still progress. Again, congratulations. :2thumbs
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » July 27th, 2015, 4:53 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Your brain doesn't work very well :(
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Next

Return to General Discussion