Gunman shoots up LA theatre injuring 6, then ofts hinself

Moderator: JdPat04

Gunman shoots up LA theatre injuring 6, then ofts hinself

Postby JdPat04 » July 24th, 2015, 2:21 am

2/6 now dead.

Wonder if any connection to the jurors ruling Holjes can be executed??

DEVELOPING: A gunman opened fire Thursday in a La. movie theater, killing at least two people, including himself and injuring as many as 10, a police official told Fox News.

City Marshal Brian Pope told The Daily Advertiser that the gunman opened fire at the Grand Theatre in Lafayette, La, before turning the gun on himself.

A police official told Fox News' Megyn Kelly that there were two to three fatalities, including the gunman. As many as 10 people were injured in the attack, he said, and several of the injured were sent to hospitals.

Lafayette Police received the call at approximately 730 pm, shooting involves multiple victims.

— Lafayette PD (LA) (@LafayettePD_LA) July 24, 2015

The Advertiser reported that the shooting occurred during a 7:00 p.m. showing of "Train Wreck"

La. Gov. Bobby Jindal said in a tweet that he was on his way to the scene.

I'm on my way to Lafayette right now. Please say a prayer for the victims at Grand Theatre and their families.

— Gov. Bobby Jindal (@BobbyJindal) July 24, 2015

Lafayette is a city of 120,000 in southwestern Louisiana, about 60 miles west of Baton Rouge, and is home to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

The Associat
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Re: Gunman shoots up LA theatre injuring 6, then ofts hinsel

Postby ericberry14 » July 24th, 2015, 2:22 am

Probably some crazy white person. Hopefully racially motivated.... Amirite!?
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 24th, 2015, 3:04 am

Is that where MD lives? :shock:
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 24th, 2015, 3:00 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 24th, 2015, 3:53 pm

aubiefifty wrote:we worry about terrorists when we should worry about our own people.

What are you saying? We shouldn't worry about terrorists? We need to up surveillance (1984-style) on our own people? :dunno
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 24th, 2015, 5:09 pm

LAFAYETTE, La. — The man who killed two people and wounded nine others at a "Trainwreck" showing was so mentally ill and violent that years ago, his wife hid his guns and his family had him hospitalized against his will before obtaining a court order to keep him away, according to court documents, which also show his wife filed for divorce this year.

John Russel Houser, 59, stood up about 20 minutes into the movie and fired first at two people sitting in front of him, then aimed his handgun at others, firing at least 13 times, police said Friday.

"They heard a couple of pops and didn't know what it was," said Randall Mann, whose 21-year-old daughter, Emily, was sitting in the same row as the shooter.

She told her father that she did not hear the shooter say anything before opening fire. "And then they saw the muzzle flashes, and that's when they knew what was going on. She hit the floor immediately."

Randall Mann said his daughter and her friend escaped, uninjured but traumatized.

Police say Houser had one additional magazine of bullets for his handgun as he tried to escape. Then, when he spotted police officers outside, he turned around and pushed back through the fleeing crowd. The officers tailed him into the theater and heard a single shot before finding him dead inside, police said.

Houser parked his 1995 blue Lincoln Continental — with a mismatched license plate — by the theater's exit door, and disguises including glasses and wigs were found in a search of his room at a nearby Motel 6, police said.

"It is apparent that he was intent on shooting and then escaping," Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft said.

Police were looking at online postings they believed Houser wrote to learn more about him and try to figure out his motive, superintendent Col. Michael D. Edmonson said Friday.

In the 1990s,he frequently appeared on a local television call-in show, advocating violence against people involved in abortions, said Calvin Floyd, who hosted the morning show on WLTZ-TV in Columbus, Georgia.

Houser also espoused other radical views, including his opposition to women in the workplace. Floyd described Houser as an "angry man" who made "wild accusations" about all sorts of topics, and said he put him on to counter a Democratic voice because "he could make the phones ring."

The two fatalities were identified as 33-year-old Jillian Johnson and 21-year-old Mayci Breaux. At least one of the wounded, ranging from their late teens to their late 60s, was in critical condition, Craft said. Two were released from the hospital.

Theatergoers said the gunman sat alone and said nothing before he stood up and opened fire at Thursday's 7:10 p.m. showing of "Trainwreck" at the Grand 16 theater.

"We heard a loud pop we thought was a firecracker," Katie Domingue told The Advertiser. "He wasn't saying anything. I didn't hear anybody screaming either."

Domingue said she and her fiance ran for the nearest exit, leaving behind her shoes and purse.

Stories of heroism emerged. Presidential hopeful Gov. Bobby Jindal, who traveled to the scene, said a teacher jumped in front of a second teacher, taking a bullet for her. The second teacher then managed to pull a fire alarm to alert other moviegoers, he said.

"Her friend literally jumped over her and, by her account, actually saved her life," Jindal said.

Houser studied accounting in Georgia and earned a law degree at Faulkner University in Alabama, but the Alabama State Bar said it has no record he ever tried to take the bar exam to become a lawyer.

Houser "has a history of mental health issues, i.e., manic depression and/or bi-polar disorder," his family said in court documents in 2008, when he made violent threats in an effort to stop his daughter's wedding. A judge granted the family's petition to have him involuntarily committed to a hospital as "a danger to himself and others."

Houser refused to back down after getting out, however, so his wife, daughter and other relatives also obtained a protective order preventing him from coming near them. Houser was living in Phenix City, Alabama, by then, but came and "perpetrated various acts of family violence" at their home in Carroll County, Georgia, they said.

His daughter, Kirbey Ellen Houser, was engaged to Andrew Michael Broome at the time, and though they were 23 and 26, he felt they were too young to be married. "He has exhibited extreme erratic behavior and has made ominous as well as disturbing statements" that their marriage would not occur, the filing says.

Police weren't sure why Houser ended up in Louisiana seven years later.

"It just seems like he was kind of drifting along," Craft said. He had an uncle that once lived in Lafayette, but he died 35 years ago. "We don't know why he decided to stop and stay in Lafayette."

State police superintendent Col. Michael D. Edmonson said there were about 100 people inside the theater at the time of the shooting. Keys, shoes and purses were all left behind.

About a dozen law enforcement personnel descended on the Motel 6 in Lafayette where Houser had been staying. An officer carried out a cardboard box from the room and other officers could be seen knocking on neighboring doors.

Edmonson said police believe the gunman did not wage any other attacks Thursday night before opening fire in the theater.

"Trainwreck" star Amy Schumer tweeted: "My heart is broken and all my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Louisiana." The comedy stars Schumer as a magazine writer who decides to live a life of promiscuity after her father convinces her that monogamy isn't realistic, but in spite of her best efforts, finds herself falling in love with one of her interview subjects.

Gov. Jindal called the shooting "an awful night for Louisiana."

"What we can do now is we can pray," Jindal said. "We can hug these families. We can shower them with love, thoughts and prayers."

President Barack Obama was briefed on Air Force One by Lisa Monaco, his homeland security adviser, while on his way to Africa. He asked his team to keep him updated on the investigation and the status of the wounded, and offered his thoughts and prayers to the families of those killed, the White House said.

The Louisiana shooting happened three years after James Holmes entered a crowded movie theater in suburban Denver and opened fire during the premier of a Batman film, killing 12 people, wounding 70 others. The jury found Thursday that the death penalty is justified, and is hearing evidence about James Holmes' schizophrenia before issuing a sentence.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 24th, 2015, 6:14 pm

:aup

In short: he was crazy, and should have shot the PP murderers instead of randos.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Eye_of_Horus » July 24th, 2015, 6:55 pm

At least he did the taxpayers a favor and offed himself.
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby JdPat04 » July 24th, 2015, 7:53 pm

aubiefifty wrote:i am saying in america we kill ourselves more than terrorists do. guy was mentally ill and allowed to buy a gun. and the two chicks he killed were pretty...........he was a right wing obama hating tea party nut job. it is all over the news.........

Well guess what, I'm right wing, and I fucking hate Obama. I agree with some tea party shit too.

Is that a problem. You aren't calling out all of your flag burning, protests having, 99%, occupiers who love Obama, left wing nut jobs, who commit crimes.

Nor can you prove that he did that because he hated Obama, etc...

Since you have a mental illness and a familiar with it then you should know that his mental illness is pretty much the guaranteed cause of him shooting up the place. Not him having conservative beliefs, or thinking that Obama is a very shitty president and hates him for a multitude of reasons.

Also I wonder how many Americans would be killed if we didn't focus on terrorism? I'm pretty sure we have stopped attacks from happening. I'm also pretty sure we have a fucking ocean helping us out, but it doesn't completely stop it as we've seen. So given our focus on the terrorist and our oceans on 2 sides is why our terror attacks are low, NOT because they don't want to kill us ffs
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 24th, 2015, 8:47 pm

aubiefifty wrote:i am saying in america we kill ourselves more than terrorists do. guy was mentally ill and allowed to buy a gun. and the two chicks he killed were pretty...........he was a right wing obama hating tea party nut job. it is all over the news.........

Your logic is severely flawed, hombre.

We have background checks, but they don't catch everyone. And even if we outlawed guns completely, people would still find them illegally (how hard is it for you to find weed?). So...what do you propose?

How attractive a murder victim may be is irrelevant. Thinking otherwise is just :crazy . How do you feel about Kate Steinle? Is she attractive enough to live, in your opinion?

Political views are also irrelevant. Considering Steinle was murdered by an illegal immigrant with 7 felonies, deported 5 times, hiding in a sanctuary city, what do you think his political leanings were? You know where he got his gun? He stole it from a federal agent. So much for background checks or gun bans...

Should we focus on the 13% of the population that commits over 50% of the murders?

[img2]https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/files/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-24-at-8.31.22-AM-300x291.png[/img2]

Nah, that would be racist.

Should we focus on Alabamans, the buncha mentally ill, inbred nutjobs that they are?

"Aubie, am I pretty enough to live? Even if I'm a conservative and don't like Mr. Drone Strike Assassin of American Citizens?"
[img2]http://tammybruce.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/kate-steinle.jpg[/img2]

You want to talk Chattanooga, and how the lib news dropped the story to focus on the Aurora sentence as soon as they found out Abdulazeez wasn't white? :violin :facepalm
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » July 24th, 2015, 9:07 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:

Your logic is severely flawed, hombre.

We have background checks, but they don't catch everyone. And even if we outlawed guns completely, people would still find them illegally (how hard is it for you to find weed?). So...what do you propose?

How attractive a murder victim may be is irrelevant. Thinking otherwise is just :crazy . How do you feel about Kate Steinle? Is she attractive enough to live, in your opinion?

Political views are also irrelevant. Considering Steinle was murdered by an illegal immigrant with 7 felonies, deported 5 times, hiding in a sanctuary city, what do you think his political leanings were? You know where he got his gun? He stole it from a federal agent. So much for background checks or gun bans...

Should we focus on the 13% of the population that commits over 50% of the murders?

[img2]https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/files/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-24-at-8.31.22-AM-300x291.png[/img2]

Nah, that would be racist.

Should we focus on Alabamans, the buncha mentally ill, inbred nutjobs that they are?

"Aubie, am I pretty enough to live? Even if I'm a conservative and don't like Mr. Drone Strike Assassin of American Citizens?"
[img2]http://tammybruce.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/kate-steinle.jpg[/img2]

You want to talk Chattanooga, and how the lib news dropped the story to focus on the Aurora sentence as soon as they found out Abdulazeez wasn't white? :violin :facepalm
I thought it was pretty funny too when he brought up how they were cute as if that matters at all when we are talking about people being murdered. What a joke
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 24th, 2015, 10:07 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote::aup

In short: he was crazy, and should have never had access to firearms.

FTFY :up
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 24th, 2015, 10:44 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

Yes, that worked out well in San Fran. :down

At least the fence-jumper didn't get his weapon directly from Eric Holder this time. :up
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » July 26th, 2015, 11:08 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

At least the fence-jumper didn't get his weapon directly from Eric Holder this time. :up

:roasted
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 26th, 2015, 11:17 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

[ img ]
Fence-jumper? John Russel Houser looks pretty damn white to me. :thought
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby JdPat04 » July 26th, 2015, 11:36 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

At least the fence-jumper didn't get his weapon directly from Eric Holder this time
. :up

[ img ]

You have to keep up YP, im pretty sure me Francisco Sanchez LOOKS like a fence jumper, And Illegally obtained a gun. Which he DID not get from ERIC HOLDER, THIS TIME, while using it to kill an American, as other non American, criminals have obtained weapons from Holdee and used them to Kill and try to kill more Americans.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 26th, 2015, 11:48 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

At least the fence-jumper didn't get his weapon directly from Eric Holder this time

[ img ]

You have to keep up YP, im pretty sure me Francisco Sanchez LOOKS like a fence jumper, And Illegally obtained a gun. Which he DID not get from ERIC HOLDER, THIS TIME, while using it to kill an American, as other non American, criminals have obtained weapons from Holdee and used them to Kill and try to kill more Americans.

You have to keep up. Muck stated 'fence jumper' 'this time' indicating the shooter in this incident is an illegal. :sadyes

But, he's one of yours. This time.

Idgaf about Eric Holder or any other deflections. :sorry
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 27th, 2015, 12:04 am

JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

[ img ]

:dog

At least he's trying... I think.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 27th, 2015, 1:19 am

Let's take a brief break from the nonsense. I'd like to know two things:
1. They ran a federal background check before he bought the gun(s). Why did it fail? His background should have thrown up at least one red flag (probably several).
2. What was his motivation? He didn't target minorities. I doubt he knew the political affiliation of anyone he shot. While the two fatalities were female, he also shot a man 4 times (he survived). Was he targeting people for watching an "immoral" film?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » July 27th, 2015, 1:41 am

aubiefifty wrote:well blame all illegals for murderes. the shooter at this last movie house was a good ol boy that graduated from the university of alabama. seems yall are escalating. from killing trees to players stomping students on campus. now yall got shooters killing people. now. does this make all bama grads murderers jd? does it? same line of thinking you are using. you are being a hypo. man was not suposed to have any weapons. been put in the loony bin. same thing.

Aren't you on a bunch of neuro active drugs and a gun owner? And claiming someone was a hypocrite in the quoted post? :biglol :facepalm
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Next

Return to General Discussion