If you were lebron

Moderator: JdPat04

If you were lebron

Postby ericberry14 » June 29th, 2015, 3:06 am

Would you take the league minimum to try to win? I mean the dude is set on money. They talk about taking less money to help the team but it is always such an insignificant amount less that it isn't enough to actually sign anyone of not. So if you were a player in his position would you take a lot less to the point it would actually make a difference?
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Re: If you were lebron

Postby RoeTied » June 29th, 2015, 3:52 am

I would retire with 2 rings because I'm not getting anymore and will never come close to being Jordan.
RoeTied
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby ericberry14 » June 29th, 2015, 4:37 am

RoeTied wrote:I would retire with 2 rings because I'm not getting anymore and will never come close to being Jordan.

:eb
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 29th, 2015, 4:47 am

RoeTied wrote:I would retire with 2 rings because I'm not getting anymore and will never come close to being Jordan.

[ img ]
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby FSUKW » June 29th, 2015, 4:19 pm

ericberry14 wrote:Would you take the league minimum to try to win? I mean the dude is set on money. They talk about taking less money to help the team but it is always such an insignificant amount less that it isn't enough to actually sign anyone of not. So if you were a player in his position would you take a lot less to the point it would actually make a difference?

If I made 50MM per year in endorsements like LePaycheck, yes!!!!
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » June 29th, 2015, 5:34 pm

FSUKW wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:Would you take the league minimum to try to win? I mean the dude is set on money. They talk about taking less money to help the team but it is always such an insignificant amount less that it isn't enough to actually sign anyone of not. So if you were a player in his position would you take a lot less to the point it would actually make a difference?

I agree but for whatever reason no one will ever do this
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 29th, 2015, 9:17 pm

ericberry14 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Reason is simple. The guy who believes he is the best player in the NBA is never going to willingly take significantly less salary than the bums around him. Living the highest of high lives is more important to him than winning titles.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby JdPat04 » June 29th, 2015, 10:27 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Reason is simple. The guy who believes he is the best player in the NBA is never going to willingly take significantly less salary than the bums around him. Living the highest of high lives is more important to him than winning titles.

Problem is I would assume that if he took less he would have a better image. Better image = more sponsors = more money than her make with nba.

Less nba money = better mates = better chance of winning titles which would also = more sponsorship $$$
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 30th, 2015, 12:27 am

JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Problem is I would assume that if he took less he would have a better image. Better image = more sponsors = more money than her make with nba.

Less nba money = better mates = better chance of winning titles which would also = more sponsorship $$$

He's crafted his image since he was a kid as 'King' and 'Chosen One'. He wants to be the best player, best paid, as well as best liked by the fans but he burned that bridge with The Decision fiasco.

What sponsor is he going to gain now that he doesn't already have because he takes a few million less per year? :dunno
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby JdPat04 » June 30th, 2015, 1:21 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

He's crafted his image since he was a kid as 'King' and 'Chosen One'. He wants to be the best player, best paid, as well as best liked by the fans but he burned that bridge with The Decision fiasco.

What sponsor is he going to gain now that he doesn't already have because he takes a few million less per year? :dunno

I don't even know which sponsors he has now. I should say if overall likeness went up from him looking like a better team player and less of a greedy person (the same for Kobe, and I always thought that way of Kobe) then he would become more valuable to those sponsors.

He would also become worth the money he's asking to other sponsors that have decided that he was worth too much.

Just my opinion. If he's liked by 40% of the nation, or has favorable view by 40%, 40% unfavorable, and 20% neutral. Then he changed the way he acted and played and got paid then it changed to 55/30/15 then I would think he would be worth more to sponsors or worth the money he was asking.

Of course I made up those numbers but it gets the point across. If all he cares about is how he is viewed in the basketball world then he still :fail because he ain't winning what Jordan, and Kobe won, nor Duncan and the Spurs, the Celtics, etc.. Even if he could win 5 he still won't be seen as good as any of them for his dick hopping.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 30th, 2015, 1:47 am

JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

I don't even know which sponsors he has now. I should say if overall likeness went up from him looking like a better team player and less of a greedy person (the same for Kobe, and I always thought that way of Kobe) then he would become more valuable to those sponsors.

He would also become worth the money he's asking to other sponsors that have decided that he was worth too much.

Just my opinion. If he's liked by 40% of the nation, or has favorable view by 40%, 40% unfavorable, and 20% neutral. Then he changed the way he acted and played and got paid then it changed to 55/30/15 then I would think he would be worth more to sponsors or worth the money he was asking.

Of course I made up those numbers but it gets the point across. If all he cares about is how he is viewed in the basketball world then he still :fail because he ain't winning what Jordan, and Kobe won, nor Duncan and the Spurs, the Celtics, etc.. Even if he could win 5 he still won't be seen as good as any of them for his dick hopping.

If you don't know what sponsors he has now and which sponsors he does not have, how can you draw a conclusion as to what sponsor would sign him based on a made up stat of +10% favorable rating? :dunno

To be specific, what sponsors do you believe have not signed him based on who is now and how favorable he is or isn't locally/nationally.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby JdPat04 » June 30th, 2015, 2:01 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:If I made 50MM per year in endorsements like LePaycheck, yes!!!!

If you don't know what sponsors he has now and which sponsors he does not have, how can you draw a conclusion as to what sponsor would sign him based on a made up stat of +10% favorable rating? :dunno

To be specific, what sponsors do you believe have not signed him based on who is now and how favorable he is or isn't locally/nationally.

I know SOME of is sponsors I just don't know all of his sponsors. I don't know any of everyone's sponsors and I'm not sure any random civilian does or any regular fan, not even a hardcore fan that isn't obsessive level.
Of course I could find out in 10 seconds.

As to the sponsors who haven't signed him again if I was truly dedicated to arguing a point I would Google his sponsors and see if I can find any other brands that had ever wanted to sponsor him that didn't. Also see if there was anything else that he could sponsor that he hasn't that wouldn't clash with a sponsor he already has and that could be a possibility.

Again I'm not a business graduate and not pretending to be 20 oz. I stated it was my opinion and have said it instead of just saying "won't happen, prove me wrong".

I could say I'm right and prove me wrong and wait for you to find proof which you couldn't.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 30th, 2015, 2:45 am

JdPat04 wrote:I know SOME of is sponsors I just don't know all of his sponsors. I don't know any of everyone's sponsors and I'm not sure any random civilian does or any regular fan, not even a hardcore fan that isn't obsessive level.

As to the sponsors who haven't signed him again if I was truly dedicated to arguing a point I would Google his sponsors and see if I can find any other brands that had ever wanted to sponsor him that didn't.Also see if there was anything else that he could sponsor that he hasn't that wouldn't clash with a sponsor he already has and that could be a possibility.

Again I'm not a business graduate and not pretending to be 20 oz. I stated it was my opinion and have said it instead of just saying "won't happen, prove me wrong".

I could say I'm right and prove me wrong and wait for you to find proof which you couldn't.

The highlighted would answer the question, the rest didn't need to be typed.

I'm not sure what sponsor would pick him up if he pulled a Tom Brady, and if he did if that would affect his overall likability nationally. At this point in his career fans are pretty set on how they view the guy. It would take something monstrously positive or negative for people to change their views at this point imo.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » June 30th, 2015, 3:28 pm

no, take max money and let some vets who are title hungry take the minimum

lebron will be old one day too, and not have the leverage he has now

take max money while you can earn it, because he will be old sooner than later and not be able to get that deal any more
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby JdPat04 » June 30th, 2015, 4:35 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:I know SOME of is sponsors I just don't know all of his sponsors. I don't know any of everyone's sponsors and I'm not sure any random civilian does or any regular fan, not even a hardcore fan that isn't obsessive level.

As to the sponsors who haven't signed him again if I was truly dedicated to arguing a point I would Google his sponsors and see if I can find any other brands that had ever wanted to sponsor him that didn't.Also see if there was anything else that he could sponsor that he hasn't that wouldn't clash with a sponsor he already has and that could be a possibility.

I'm not sure what sponsor would pick him up if he pulled a Tom Brady, and if he did if that would affect his overall likability nationally. At this point in his career fans are pretty set on how they view the guy. It would take something monstrously positive or negative for people to change their views at this point imo.

I'm not positive of any sponsor but I would have to believe there are plenty of mid level companies out there just wanting to break out and get a big time athlete or star that just can't justify it for one reason or another. I also thought if he did that, won more rings, and got his favorability up and negativity down then he could possibly, again possibly ask for even more money from the sponsordhips or longer contracts which is better for him.

I can say my negative view of him was fading, it was going neutral not positive. So if he had actually stayed his ass with Cleveland and took less it would've helped out a lot just my opinion again though
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 30th, 2015, 9:02 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

I'm not positive of any sponsor but I would have to believe there are plenty of mid level companies out there just wanting to break out and get a big time athlete or star that just can't justify it for one reason or another. I also thought if he did that, won more rings, and got his favorability up and negativity down then he could possibly, again possibly ask for even more money from the sponsordhips or longer contracts which is better for him.

I can say my negative view of him was fading, it was going neutral not positive. So if he had actually stayed his ass with Cleveland and took less it would've helped out a lot just my opinion again though

I probably dislike him less now than I did when he broke into the league, but I'm still nowhere near neutral. His continued opt outs and threatening to leave CLE to play with all stars elsewhere is disgusting and the furthest thing from competitive at a professional level I've ever witnessed from a player of his caliber in any sport. I will give him credit in that since the Decision he's been squeaky clean with the media, he stays out of trouble off the court, and he's improved his all around game.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby JdPat04 » July 1st, 2015, 12:31 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

I probably dislike him less now than I did when he broke into the league, but I'm still nowhere near neutral. His continued opt outs and threatening to leave CLE to play with all stars elsewhere is disgusting and the furthest thing from competitive at a professional level I've ever witnessed from a player of his caliber in any sport. I will give him credit in that since the Decision he's been squeaky clean with the media, he stays out of trouble off the court, and he's improved his all around game.

That's almost the same for me. He still has the immaturity from the finals after "the decision" where they decided to make fun of dirk for being sick and get their teeth kicked in. That set him back, other than that the only other thing holding him back besides his opting out and team hopping/playing dynasty builder is his divaesque antics on the court when he's losing.

I do respect him for him being a good citizen, I do respect him for not being a trouble making thug, and being from what we see a good father. So it's not just a hater being a hater.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » July 1st, 2015, 12:39 am

JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

That's almost the same for me. He still has the immaturity from the finals after "the decision" where they decided to make fun of dirk for being sick and get their teeth kicked in. That set him back, other than that the only other thing holding him back besides his opting out and team hopping/playing dynasty builder is his divaesque antics on the court when he's losing.

I do respect him for him being a good citizen, I do respect him for not being a trouble making thug, and being from what we see a good father. So it's not just a hater being a hater.

Werd. He's still immature though, as he continues to not shake the other teams players hands in the Finals when he loses. He shook Curry's and Coach Kerr's hands this time with a little under 10 sec to play but he ran off the court and didn't sack up and shake the hands of the rest of the Warriors team. :down
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby JdPat04 » July 1st, 2015, 1:39 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

Werd. He's still immature though, as he continues to not shake the other teams players hands in the Finals when he loses. He shook Curry's and Coach Kerr's hands this time with a little under 10 sec to play but he ran off the court and didn't sack up and shake the hands of the rest of the Warriors team. :down

:agree
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby 08GatorBait » July 1st, 2015, 10:51 pm

Never seen it done before that I can recall, so no. Don't know that the players unions would let him to be honest. Would put other players around the league on the spot possibly.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Return to General Discussion