YP, bazooka, and aubz... celebrate!

Moderator: JdPat04

YP, bazooka, and aubz... celebrate!

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 26th, 2015, 2:27 pm

Gay Marriage Upheld by Supreme Court in Close Ruling

WASHINGTON — In a long-sought victory for the gay rights movement, the Supreme Court ruled on Friday that the Constitution guarantees a nationwide right to same-sex marriage.

Justice Anthony M. Kennedy wrote the majority opinion in the 5 to 4 decision. He was joined by the court’s four more liberal justices.

The decision, the culmination of decades of litigation and activism, came against the backdrop of fast-moving changes in public opinion, with polls indicating that most Americans now approve of same-sex marriage.

As in earlier civil rights cases, the Supreme Court had moved cautiously and methodically, laying careful judicial groundwork for a transformative decision.

As late as October, the justices ducked the issue, refusing to hear appeals from rulings allowing same-sex marriage in five states. That decision delivered a tacit victory for gay rights, immediately expanding the number of states with same-sex marriage to 24, along with the District of Columbia, up from 19.

The court did not agree to resolve the issue for the rest of the nation until January, in cases filed by gay and lesbian couples in Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee. The court heard extended arguments in April, and the justices seemed sharply divided over what the Constitution has to say about same-sex marriage.

Lawyers for the plaintiffs said their clients had a fundamental right to marry and to equal protection, adding that the bans they challenged demeaned their dignity, imposed countless practical difficulties and inflicted particular harm on their children.

The Obama administration, which had gradually come to embrace the cause of same-sex marriage, was unequivocal in urging the justices to rule for the plaintiffs.

“Gay and lesbian people are equal,” Solicitor General Donald B. Verrilli Jr. said. “They deserve equal protection of the laws, and they deserve it now.”

Lawyers for the four states said their bans were justified by tradition and the distinctive characteristics of opposite-sex unions. They added that the question should be resolved democratically, at the polls and in state legislatures, rather than by judges.

The Supreme Court had once before agreed to hear a case arising from a constitutional challenge to a same-sex marriage ban, California’s Proposition 8, in 2012 in Hollingsworth v. Perry. At the time, nine states and the District of Columbia allowed same-sex couples to marry.

But when the court’s ruling arrived in June 2013, the justices ducked, with a majority saying the case was not properly before them, and none of them expressing a view on the ultimate question of whether the Constitution requires states to allow same-sex marriage.

A second decision the same day, in United States v. Windsor, provided the movement for same-sex marriage with what turned out to be a powerful tailwind. The decision struck down the part of the Defense of Marriage Act that barred federal benefits for same-sex couples married in states that allowed such unions.

The Windsor decision was based partly on federalism grounds, with Justice Anthony M. Kennedy’s majority opinion stressing that state decisions on how to treat marriages deserved respect. But lower courts focused on other parts of his opinion, ones that emphasized the dignity of gay relationships and the harm that families of gay couples suffered from bans on same-sex marriage.

In a remarkable and largely unbroken line of more than 40 decisions, state and federal courts relied on the Windsor decision to rule in favor of same-sex marriage.

RECENT COMMENTS

Y4NK33 PL4N3T 4 minutes ago
Such great news!!However, I believe there are 20 other countries that have already reached this decision. We should be thrilled, but hard to when you're so butthurt from all the ass-poundings.
bigbluebazooka 4 minutes ago
Thank you justice Kennedy! Time to go chug some jizz! I will be thinking of President Obama the whole time!
aubzheimer's 4 minutes ago
Wonder if Roberts will be forgiven now? I can't wait to post this article... in 3 months!
SEE ALL COMMENTS WRITE A COMMENT
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: YP, bazooka, and aubz... celebrate!

Postby bigbluebazooka » June 26th, 2015, 8:20 pm

[img2]http://www.funnywallphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/butt-hurt.jpg[/img2]
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 26th, 2015, 8:30 pm

:happyno

I'm indifferent. If homos want to have their colon wrecked, that's not my problem... until I have to pay for their repairs (thanks again, Dems!). But that's a small price to pay to shut up the whiny homos for a while. :2thumbs

You, on the other hand, were going to be a lil' butthurt regardless of the outcome. :dog
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » June 26th, 2015, 8:42 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote: were going to be a lil' butthurt regardless of the outcome. :dog

Wish you luck with that. As long as my tax dollars doesn't support this then I really don't give a fuck.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 26th, 2015, 9:06 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote: were going to be a lil' butthurt regardless of the outcome. :dog

Wish you luck with that. As long as my tax dollars doesn't support this then I really don't give a fuck.

Butt you'll take a fuck in celebration! :bananasex
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » June 26th, 2015, 9:09 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

Depends if I like her backpage profile. :up
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby frazier9495 » June 26th, 2015, 9:23 pm

frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 26th, 2015, 9:23 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

Strap-ons, eh? Well, I'm not here to judge. :lolthumb
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » June 26th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

Strap-ons, eh? Well, I'm not here to judge. :lolthumb

You live in the ATL. Tell Sellulard and 20oz I said :wave2
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 26th, 2015, 10:50 pm

Gay Marriage topic and Muck thinks of anonymous men & immediately runs to TSH to poast. :thought

[ img ]
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby frazier9495 » June 26th, 2015, 10:53 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Gay Marriage topic and Muck thinks of anonymous men & immediately runs to TSH to poast. :thought

[ img ]

His gay what :thought
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 26th, 2015, 11:27 pm

frazier9495 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Gay Marriage topic and Muck thinks of anonymous men & immediately runs to TSH to poast. :thought

[ img ]

I do not know nor do I want to know. :surrender That's for the ghey's to ghey about on their own time.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 26th, 2015, 11:28 pm

frazier9495 wrote:

[ img ]

:biglol @ :fail
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 26th, 2015, 11:42 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Gay Marriage topic and Muck naturally thinks of TSH's liberal faggots, eventually posts about it, causing all of TSH's living :homo s to take the bait as expected. :trolldance

Fixed for troof! :up
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 27th, 2015, 12:01 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Gay Marriage topic and Muck naturally thinks of TSH's liberal faggots, eventually posts about it, causing all of TSH's living :homo s to take the bait as expected. :trolldance

"Living" ? :youfail Ghey boi :dog & :lol: @ 2x replies
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 27th, 2015, 12:45 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Are you a zombie homo? Is DA?

2x replies?

You don't make a lot of sense when you're butthurt, :sorry
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 27th, 2015, 1:16 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

2x replies?

Is anyone dead? Calling people who poast "living" anything is retarded :sadyes

'2x replies' as in you replied twice to your own thread thus showing twice the butthurt you've sustained thus far.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 27th, 2015, 1:12 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

2x replies?

'2x replies' as in you replied twice to your own thread thus showing twice the butthurt you've sustained thus far.

Aubz. I was obviously implying that aubz is dead. How could you miss that? :dog And yes, differentiating between the living and dead is retarded. :lolthumb

Yes, I replied to fraz then I replied to you. That's how forums work: people communicate, sometimes more than one at a time. :shocker I imagine it's possible that you could look more desperate and pathetic at this point, but I'm not sure how. I'm sure you'll show us. ;)
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » June 27th, 2015, 3:39 pm

JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 27th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

2x replies?

Aubz. I was obviously implying that aubz is dead. How could you miss that? :dog And yes, differentiating between the living and dead is retarded. :lolthumb

Yes, I replied to fraz then I replied to you. That's how forums work: people communicate, sometimes more than one at a time. :shocker I imagine it's possible that you could look more desperate and pathetic at this point, but I'm not sure how. I'm sure you'll show us. ;)

Aubz been runnoft so long I forgot he poasted :surrender
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Next

Return to General Discussion