Trying to buy from private buyer

Moderator: JdPat04

Trying to buy from private buyer

Postby 08GatorBait » June 17th, 2015, 8:06 pm

I'm looking at Motorcycle's now and have been for awhile. I've saved 4k but I'm really wanting a 883 and the average price on Craigslist I'm seeing for most is around 7.5k-9k depending on miles and year(I care about looks over year any day, needs to look like a bike I want to ride).

Is there a safe way to make payments to the owner directly? I'd rather that then a bank simply to avoid APR and all the other bullshit. There has to be some way to work with a private seller to ensure both parties are safe in the transaction. Like a contract with a notary maybe? Oh a split hold title then I take over insurance payments?

Any way you guys know of to do this?
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Re: Trying to buy from private buyer

Postby frazier9495 » June 17th, 2015, 9:28 pm

I think the only way you can make this happen is if the seller is stupid :lol:
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby JdPat04 » June 17th, 2015, 10:41 pm

There is a safe way to make payments to a private seller but it's gonna be very rare. You'd have to find the right person willing to trust you.

Would you trust some stranger to make payments to you monthly? I didn't think so, therefore how easy do you think it will be to find a seller willing to do the same?

Your best bet is to ask a relative to loan you the rest and offer to pay them back a little more than they loan you. If they loan you 5k you pay them back 5500 or 6k and that way you take that plus your money and buy the bike outright and then make payments to someone who was dumb enough to trust you :lolthumb
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby 08GatorBait » June 17th, 2015, 11:04 pm

Yea I know it will be challenging which is why I was asking for some form of loophole.

Like using a third party or something that ensures both parties uphold their end...figured there had to be some way to do this. I just don't want to give the bank 2-3k more for a fucking bike because the APR they gave me the last time I tried was fucking absurd.

Add in I'm getting a starter bike...so I plan on upgrading in two years probably. But it has to be a Harley. Girls are so fucking into Harley's right now you just wear a Harley jacket they literally want to fuck your brains out. My ugly ass friend gets hit on by fine girls just because he has one...it's a pussy goldmine.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby JdPat04 » June 17th, 2015, 11:11 pm

08GatorBait wrote:Yea I know it will be challenging which is why I was asking for some form of loophole.

Like using a third party or something that ensures both parties uphold their end...figured there had to be some way to do this. I just don't want to give the bank 2-3k more for a fucking bike because the APR they gave me the last time I tried was fucking absurd.

Add in I'm getting a starter bike...so I plan on upgrading in two years probably. But it has to be a Harley. Girls are so fucking into Harley's right now you just wear a Harley jacket they literally want to fuck your brains out. My ugly ass friend gets hit on by fine girls just because he has one...it's a pussy goldmine.

Do you not have any family that could help?

If they are hesitant because of the money then figure out exactly how much you'd pay the bank and offer them 1/4 of that at first and then go up to 1/2. That's your best bet. I can't think of any 3rd party shit. I mean you'd have to pay them as well. You can get a lawyer and sign a contract but contracts are only as good as the people who sign them. If you didn't pay or he tried to fuck you out of it somehow you'd just end up in court.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby ericberry14 » June 17th, 2015, 11:14 pm

Girls that like Harley's also have chalmydia... Trust me I know :(
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FSUKW » June 17th, 2015, 11:55 pm

You have 4K to your name and worried about APR, :biglol

You need 4 to 5K to make it happen and don't have it.

Your options.

1). Wait until you have the money
2). Get loan from bank or credit union.
3). Put it on credit card, then transfer balance at zero percent interest for 12 months.
4). Don't buy it

Under no circumstances do you:

1). Borrow from family or friend
2). Owner finance.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby 08GatorBait » June 18th, 2015, 1:21 am

I have that to spend. As in not in savings. How dumb would it be to pull out all of your savings for one thing? The 4k is what I've pulled from each check for something each check. Was originally planning a trip to Europe later this year but my friends are backing out so now, I'm going for a cycle.

I would prefer to keep my savings in tact while doing this. Monthly payments keep my savings in tact and it be best with a private buyer simply because of the reasons stated. I won't pay more. Kind of makes sense to see if there is an option out there to do it safely to save a grand or two I'd think.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby 08GatorBait » June 18th, 2015, 1:22 am

FSUKW wrote:You have 4K to your name and worried about APR, :biglol

You need 4 to 5K to make it happen and don't have it.

Your options.

1). Wait until you have the money
2). Get loan from bank or credit union.
3). Put it on credit card, then transfer balance at zero percent interest for 12 months.
4). Don't buy it

Under no circumstances do you:

1). Borrow from family or friend
2). Owner finance.

Private owner don't know if I can do credit card payment or that would be a great option. Especially with first year I could pay it off in a year quite easily.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 18th, 2015, 1:24 am

Weren't you going broke like 6 months back? Stop buying dumb shit.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby 08GatorBait » June 18th, 2015, 1:28 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Weren't you going broke like 6 months back? Stop buying dumb shit.

No I had a second job for more spending money. Which I still have. That money pays for dates, eating out, etc. So I can save substantially more

I went to a place called balance years ago because I was always broke.

Learned how to balance my budget. I'm a cheap son of a bitch.

And buying a bike is something I've wanted for years. Don't understand why doing it is dumb? 1. Better gas milage - I did the math. With how much I drive, cutting a substantial amount of gas out of my cost would be awesome. I'd save 75-80 bucks a month driving it to work at back cause I work a decent distance from my home. So I'd basically have payments that minus the gas savings that would be near 120-150 a month. That's really not a lot of money...very easily covered in my "extra" part of my budget.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 18th, 2015, 1:32 am

Rain.
People in cars don't give a fuck about bikers.
Does your extra money cover hospital bills?
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby 08GatorBait » June 18th, 2015, 1:49 am

I have a car for rain days

Up to the bike rider to ride smart. Don't trust other drivers

Insurance, you can get medical coverage for a motorcycle incase you wreck. Would obviously have that incase.

Now the good parts.
Riding a bike is incredibly fun.
Gas
Girls literally cum when a guy has a Harley. My ugly ass friend gets girls that are fine because of a bike. Shit we went to the mall two girls literally walked up and gave their numbers asking if he'd pet them ride. Both hot. Sorry but no game is better than a Harley right now..sons of anarchy has every stupid bitch wanting a Harley guy now. My games good...but with a Harley it's over MO fucker.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby frazier9495 » June 18th, 2015, 2:17 am

One of my cousins has come back to his motorcycle with sticky notes on the seat with numbers on them on more than one occasion :lol:
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby FSUKW » June 18th, 2015, 2:27 am

08GatorBait wrote:I have that to spend. As in not in savings. How dumb would it be to pull out all of your savings for one thing? The 4k is what I've pulled from each check for something each check. Was originally planning a trip to Europe later this year but my friends are backing out so now, I'm going for a cycle.

I would prefer to keep my savings in tact while doing this. Monthly payments keep my savings in tact and it be best with a private buyer simply because of the reasons stated. I won't pay more. Kind of makes sense to see if there is an option out there to do it safely to save a grand or two I'd think.

I guess I am confused. You say "How dumb would it be to pull out all of your savings for one thing" which tells me you have about 8 or 9K in savings. If true, buy the damn motorcycle and rebuild your savings over the next year or two.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby 08GatorBait » June 18th, 2015, 2:57 am

My savings has about 10k in it.

Considering I save over 500 a month, I'm doing okay with what I've got but it wasn't till last year I had a job that paid well. I may be going for a promotion again in November to City Hall instead of the facilities in financing and I could make up to 20k more a year. I know the lady is retiring and my degree matches with what they want and they already know my work ethic and I have good reviews for how well I've managed our shitty budget so far. So if I land that...my savings account will be awesome then.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby 08GatorBait » June 18th, 2015, 2:58 am

FSUKW wrote:
08GatorBait wrote:I have that to spend. As in not in savings. How dumb would it be to pull out all of your savings for one thing? The 4k is what I've pulled from each check for something each check. Was originally planning a trip to Europe later this year but my friends are backing out so now, I'm going for a cycle.

I guess I am confused. You say "How dumb would it be to pull out all of your savings for one thing" which tells me you have about 8 or 9K in savings. If true, buy the damn motorcycle and rebuild your savings over the next year or two.

Ehh I'm not okay doing that honestly. Losing all my money in one sitting sounds far to risky to me.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby FSUKW » June 18th, 2015, 10:20 pm

08GatorBait wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Ehh I'm not okay doing that honestly. Losing all my money in one sitting sounds far to risky to me.

If you are talking 100's of thousands in savings sure. You are talking about 3 or 4 grand. You could probably save that in no time.

Buy the motorcycle. If you finance 3 grand with cash in the bank, you are crazy.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby 08GatorBait » June 18th, 2015, 10:36 pm

Well I went to Harley and test drove a few. I'm def going 883. Loved the feel. I'm going to my bank tomorrow to see what will be approved. I'm pretty sure I can get 10k without any issues especially with a good down payment. Just hate paying more than I have to but seems the best option.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby ericberry14 » June 18th, 2015, 10:53 pm

The best option is not to buy a Harley because it's gay. But if you do get some baggy jeans and all white Air Force ones so you can be a real biker like that fag jacks from that fag show about motor cycle fags
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Next

Return to General Discussion