Oh, FFS Libtards!

Moderator: JdPat04

Oh, FFS Libtards!

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 16th, 2015, 6:55 pm

The political left has come up with a new buzzword: "micro-aggression."

Professors at the University of California at Berkeley have been officially warned against saying such things as "America is the land of opportunity." Why? Because this is considered to be an act of "micro-aggression" against minorities and women. Supposedly it shows that you don't take their grievances seriously and are therefore guilty of being aggressive toward them, even if only on a micro scale.

You might think that this is just another crazy idea from Berkeley. But the same concept appears in a report from the flagship campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana. If you just sit in a room where all the people are white, you are considered to be guilty of "micro-aggression" against people who are not white, who will supposedly feel uncomfortable when they enter such a room.

At UCLA, a professor who changed the capitalization of the word "indigenous" to lower case in a student's dissertation was accused of "micro-aggression," apparently because he preferred to follow the University of Chicago Manual of Style, rather than the student's attempt to enhance the importance of being indigenous.

When a group of UCLA law students came to class wearing T-shirts with a picture of one of their professors who had organized an intramural softball game, those T-shirts were protested as a manifestation of "white privilege."

Why? Because that professor had written a book critical of affirmative action.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 26989.html
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: Oh, FFS Libtards!

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 16th, 2015, 7:05 pm

The sooner Cali falls into the ocean from earth quakes, the better. :sadyes
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 16th, 2015, 7:08 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:The sooner Cali falls into the ocean from earth quakes, the better. :sadyes

Illinois is in California? Did you take geography lessons from the president? :dog
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » June 16th, 2015, 7:13 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:The sooner Cali falls into the ocean from earth quakes, the better. :sadyes

Illinois is in California? Did you take geography lessons from the president? :dog

I read 'University of California' and stopped reading, as I assumed the University of California was located in California. :surrender
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Eye_of_Horus » June 16th, 2015, 8:46 pm

America is the land of inopportunity :dunno
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 16th, 2015, 9:20 pm

Eye_of_Horus wrote:America is the land of inopportunity :dunno

I feel your pain, my brother. :hug

Now let's go kill whitey! :chaingun :usa
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby gatrnation1 » June 19th, 2015, 11:55 pm

I'm white, I'm pissed and I want to take to the streets, but I'm too tired from working 50 plus hours a week, so fuck it, I'll buy beer and watch TV.
gatrnation1

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 20th, 2015, 12:29 am

gatrnation1 wrote:I'm white, I'm pissed and I want to take to the streets, but I'm too tired from working 50 plus hours a week, so fuck it, I'll buy beer and watch TV.

The government thanks you for your complacency. Please continue to work and pay taxes until you die.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby aTahmission » June 20th, 2015, 12:47 pm

The concept of the micro-aggression isn't exactly new, but I agree that's it's worthy of :facepalm

I think there's some confusion over who these people are, though. Progressives and leftists are not liberal in the traditional sense; indeed, their fascism and Orwellian wet dreams are quite illiberal. It's concerning that so many who (incorrectly) identify as liberal are anything but.
aTahmission

Team Logo:
Michigan Wolverines

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 20th, 2015, 1:01 pm

aTahmission wrote:The concept of the micro-aggression isn't exactly new, but I agree that's it's worthy of :facepalm

I think there's some confusion over who these people are, though. Progressives and leftists are not liberal in the traditional sense; indeed, their fascism and Orwellian wet dreams are quite illiberal. It's concerning that so many who (incorrectly) identify as liberal are anything but.

Sure, and the same could be said of conservatives. But their actual beliefs are not important. What is important is that we put everyone into one of two camps, so we know who to hate and who to follow blindly. :up
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby aTahmission » June 20th, 2015, 1:05 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
aTahmission wrote:The concept of the micro-aggression isn't exactly new, but I agree that's it's worthy of :facepalm

Sure, and the same could be said of conservatives. But their actual beliefs are not important. What is important is that we put everyone into one of two camps, so we know who to hate and who to follow blindly. :up

I prefer being told who I should hate and fear. It appeals to my lazy side.
aTahmission

Team Logo:
Michigan Wolverines

Postby gatrnation1 » June 20th, 2015, 1:31 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
gatrnation1 wrote:I'm white, I'm pissed and I want to take to the streets, but I'm too tired from working 50 plus hours a week, so fuck it, I'll buy beer and watch TV.

The government thanks you for your complacency. Please continue to work and pay taxes until you die.

[ img ]
gatrnation1

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Return to General Discussion