bobby bowden : "winston is an embarrassment"

Moderator: JdPat04

bobby bowden : "winston is an embarrassment"

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » May 13th, 2015, 2:28 pm

Bobby Bowden thinks consensus among FSU fans is Jameis Winston was embarrassment
Posted by Kevin McGuire on May 12, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Virginia v Florida State

Fire up FSU Twitter (#FSUTwitter), because one Seminole icon has quite the spicy take on a more recent face of the program. Enter Bobby Bowden on Jameis Winston.

The former head coach of Florida State was a guest on Paul Finebaum’s afternoon radio show when he made a bit of an eye-popping statement about now former Florida State quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner, Winston.

Perhaps Bowden walks in different circles among Florida State fans than I do, because it seems to me there is a pretty strong portion of the Florida State fan base that goes to great lengths to defend Winston anytime something about him pops up in the headlines. Sure, Winston has his critics and there is no denying he has been attached to some eye-rolling incidents of various degrees during his time in Tallahassee, but is Bowden accurate when he says a consensus of Florida State fans consider him an embarrassment to the university?

Feel free to settle that score in the comments.
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Re: bobby bowden : "winston is an embarasment"

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » May 13th, 2015, 2:31 pm

Former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden referred to former Seminoles quarterback Jameis Winston as an "embarrassment" in an interview Tuesday.
Bobby Bowden, the second-winningest coach in NCAA history, called former FSU quarterback Jameis Winston an 'embarrassment," for his off-the-field problems. Don Juan Moore/Getty Images

"I think it's a consensus among Florida State fans and boosters that he was an embarrassment in a lot of ways to the university," Bowden said on ESPN's The Paul Finebaum Show. "He won a lot of ballgames, probably one of the best football players that ever attended Florida State, but he hurt himself off the field. The good news is he's young enough to get over that. He just can't make those junior high school decisions that he made when he was in college."

Bowden's negative comments about Winston are the first to be made publicly by any high-profile person tied to Florida State. Current Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher, who replaced Bowden as coach, has been furtive in his support of the 2013 Heisman Trophy winner.

Winston, the No. 1 overall pick in this year's NFL draft, started two seasons for the Seminoles and led them to a national championship and an appearance in the inaugural College Football Playoff -- a game that resulted in Winston's only loss as a starter at FSU.

While his abilities on the field rarely have been questioned, Winston routinely drew negative attention off the field.

Most seriously, Winston was accused of rape stemming from a 2012 incident. No criminal charges were filed and the school deemed there was insufficient evidence to charge Winston with violating FSU's student code of conduct. However, Winston and the victim are suing each other in civil court.

In addition, Winston was cited for shoplifting crab legs from a local supermarket in April 2014, and he was suspended by the team for the first half of a game this past fall after shouting an obscene sexual phrase on campus.

Bowden is being paid $250,000 this year, as he was last year, by Seminole Boosters, Inc. to raise funds for the athletics department. The multiyear marketing and promotions agreement began in January 2014 and calls for Bowden to make public appearances during the deal to promote, market and raise funds for FSU athletics in 2014 and 2015.

Information from ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson was used in this report.
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Re: bobby bowden : "winston is an embarrassment"

Postby Muck FcDisney » May 13th, 2015, 2:50 pm

It's not like he did blow, knocked up hookers, stabbed anyone in the neck with scissors because he didn't want to wait for a haircut, murdered two dudes, or was involved in bounties.

Also, 99% of college athletes on Twitter are an embarrassment to our entire educational system... much like Miami football over the last decade is an embarrassment to, uh, Miami football over the previous two decades. :dog

But yes, let's continue to make mountains out of molehills. It's what the Winston-hurt do best. ;)

Glass houses, hombre.
[img2]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rel9pM5SA5o/R4Fpbf-4exI/AAAAAAAAAoQ/FhRjbuuAsvM/S185/Why+the+University+of+Miami+should+drop+football.jpg[/img2]
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » May 13th, 2015, 3:06 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:It's not like he did blow, knocked up hookers, stabbed anyone in the neck with scissors because he didn't want to wait for a haircut, murdered two dudes, or was involved in bounties.

Also, 99% of college athletes on Twitter are an embarrassment to our entire educational system... much like Miami football over the last decade is an embarrassment to, uh, Miami football over the previous two decades. :dog

But yes, let's continue to make mountains out of molehills. It's what the Winston-hurt do best. ;)

Glass houses, hombre.
[img2]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rel9pM5SA5o/R4Fpbf-4exI/AAAAAAAAAoQ/FhRjbuuAsvM/S185/Why+the+University+of+Miami+should+drop+football.jpg[/img2]

i didnt write the article hombre :justsayin
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby Muck FcDisney » May 13th, 2015, 3:16 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:It's not like he did blow, knocked up hookers, stabbed anyone in the neck with scissors because he didn't want to wait for a haircut, murdered two dudes, or was involved in bounties.

Glass houses, hombre.

i didnt write the article hombre :justsayin

Finebum is Winston-hurt as well. Everyone knows that. And Andrea Adelson is a gata. Anything to draw attention away from their dumpster fire of a program. :dog

[img2]http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/154/112/2_1112154.jpg[/img2]
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » May 13th, 2015, 3:27 pm

finebaum is anti winston, but you have to admit, as an FSU fan

you probably do wish he conducted himself in a more adult, professional manner
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby Muck FcDisney » May 13th, 2015, 4:22 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:finebaum is anti winston, but you have to admit, as an FSU fan

They can't all be Warrick Dunn and Myron Rolle. I'd still rather have Winston than any of the thousands of cfb players who get arrested while in school. I'd also rather have a guy occasionally involved in negligible mischief than some douchebag half-wit Jesus freak like Sheblow.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » May 13th, 2015, 4:39 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:finebaum is anti winston, but you have to admit, as an FSU fan

They can't all be Warrick Dunn and Myron Rolle. I'd still rather have Winston than any of the thousands of cfb players who get arrested while in school. I'd also rather have a guy occasionally involved in negligible mischief than some douchebag half-wit Jesus freak like Sheblow.

i hear ya, winston was just a college kid acting like a college kid for the most part

however when you are the qb heisman winner, and blah blah blah

you have to KNOW that everything you do is under a microscope, and somewhat keep yourself out of the headlines for the sake of your team if nothing else
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby ericberry14 » May 13th, 2015, 5:11 pm

Finebaum didn't write the article either did he?

Regardless Bowden is wrong... Fsu fans bend over backwards to defend him and would never call him an embarrassment
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » May 13th, 2015, 6:20 pm

:delivers
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » May 13th, 2015, 6:30 pm

ericberry14 wrote:Finebaum didn't write the article either did he?

No one at ESPiN wants to take credit, apparently. Thus the "ESPN.com news services". The article does, however, state "Information from ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson [Gata] was used in this report." And everything comes from a Finebum-Bowden interview.

ericberry14 wrote:Regardless Bowden is wrong... Fsu fans bend over backwards to defend him and would never call him an embarrassment

He's like Peyton, without the settling out of court with molestation/sexual assualt victims, and WITH a Heisman and National Championship. I'll take it. :2thumbs
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » May 13th, 2015, 6:32 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

i hear ya, winston was just a college kid acting like a college kid for the most part

you have to KNOW that everything you do is under a microscope, and somewhat keep yourself out of the headlines for the sake of your team if nothing else

:word

But I don't think anything he did hurt the team. Almost (see: 2014 Clemson game), but not quite.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » May 13th, 2015, 6:46 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

:word

But I don't think anything he did hurt the team. Almost (see: 2014 Clemson game), but not quite.

yea i think last years team lost too much to win the title anyway, nothing winston did cost the team the title, they just lost that D and a few key parts on O
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby JdPat04 » May 13th, 2015, 9:12 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:

Your dumbest post ever
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » May 13th, 2015, 9:17 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Your dumbest post ever

:dog
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby ericberry14 » May 13th, 2015, 9:46 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:Finebaum didn't write the article either did he?

No one at ESPiN wants to take credit, apparently. Thus the "ESPN.com news services". The article does, however, state "Information from ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson [Gata] was used in this report." And everything comes from a Finebum-Bowden interview.

ericberry14 wrote:Regardless Bowden is wrong... Fsu fans bend over backwards to defend him and would never call him an embarrassment

He's like Peyton, without the settling out of court with molestation/sexual assualt victims, and WITH a Heisman and National Championship. I'll take it. :2thumbs

No... Peyton didn't get in trouble constantly
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » May 13th, 2015, 9:50 pm

Muck's :trollface 7.5/10 in this thread :clap
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » May 14th, 2015, 2:45 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Your dumbest post ever

i agree with muck

I could drink a beer with winston, i wouldnt want to even be around a religious psycho like tebow
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby Muck FcDisney » May 14th, 2015, 2:56 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Your dumbest post ever

i agree with muck

I could drink a beer with winston, i wouldnt want to even be around a religious psycho like tebow

GheyDee just loves those douchebag, half-wit, Jesus freaks. To each his own, I suppose. :dunno
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » May 14th, 2015, 7:53 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Your dumbest post ever

i agree with muck

It's not about who you could drink a beer with and who you couldn't.

When it comes to who I think is best for something it has zero fucks to do with who id like to hang out with, and who if like to spend a day watching football, drinking, and chillen with.

People vote for Obama cuz he's blAck, other people vote for him because he's "cool and they could drink a beer with him" well good for them because he's a sorry fucking president and sucks as being a leader.

IN THIS SCENARIO at the moment Jameis HAS been a great qb and I guess an adequate to good leader. He's been a shitty role model though.

Tebow was a great qb for his team, a great leader, and a great role model. I'm not religious. I just don't hate people because they are. If you hate somebody because they're religious then you might as well be the same as the "religious" people who hate because people are non religious, or gay, or different, you're the same as any other group who hates any other group. Shut the fuck and quit hating on people just because they are different than you.

That is not aimed soecifically at you. That's aimed at anybody and EVERYBODY who does it.

So yes I think hating on tebow just because he's religious whenever you can't find one fucking thing he's done wrong is some of the dumbest fucking shit you can do.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Next

Return to General Discussion