Tampa bay fail

Moderator: JdPat04

Tampa bay fail

Postby webfoot » May 1st, 2015, 12:36 am

They gonna regret taking liar,thief and rapiest over MM !
webfoot

Team Logo:
Oregon Ducks

Re: Tampa bay fail

Postby FSUKW » May 1st, 2015, 1:11 am

Dumb thread is dumb!!!
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Eye_of_Horus » May 1st, 2015, 1:18 am

Be glad they didn't take Marcus. :up
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby bigbluebazooka » May 1st, 2015, 1:18 am

FSUKW wrote:Dumb thread is dumb!!!

:yes Looking at Derrick Brooks. Mentor your boy. :champ
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FSUKW » May 1st, 2015, 1:22 am

Eye_of_Horus wrote:Be glad they didn't take Marcus. :up

We are!!!!
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » May 1st, 2015, 1:23 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:

Yep....and Warrick Dunn
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Eye_of_Horus » May 1st, 2015, 1:27 am

FSUKW wrote:

We are!!!!

I don;t know who "we" is, but you're an FSU homer, so this isn't news. :up
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby FSUKW » May 1st, 2015, 1:30 am

Eye_of_Horus wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

We are!!!!

That's funny (and hypocritical). You may continue!!!
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Eye_of_Horus » May 1st, 2015, 1:35 am

FSUKW wrote:
Eye_of_Horus wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

We are!!!!

That's funny (and hypocritical). You may continue!!!

Ehh, I wish Marcus had dropped to a team that's worth a shit, but it is what it is.
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby bigbluebazooka » May 1st, 2015, 8:23 pm

FSUKW wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

Yep....and Warrick Dunn

I don't hear much about Dunn being around the organization.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby 08GatorBait » May 1st, 2015, 8:57 pm

Kind of accepted it was going to happen long ago. Then the moron post pics holding crab legs last night and then immediately took it down after I assume Tampa called him and asked if he was out of his mind. If he stays out of trouble, he will be very very good. He just doesn't seem like the type that can just like Manziel.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » May 1st, 2015, 9:05 pm

i cant blame tampa for taking winston he has the arm and accuracy

but he STILL needs to do a lot of growing up
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby bigbluebazooka » May 1st, 2015, 9:07 pm

I just saw the Winston press conference in Tampa a little while ago. Sounds like a kid who's just ready to play football. And he's got a beast as a wide out. :popcorn
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » May 1st, 2015, 9:28 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:i cant blame tampa for taking winston he has the arm and accuracy

but he STILL needs to do a lot of growing up

Don't worry, he won't be like Krapernik. :happyno
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » May 1st, 2015, 9:39 pm

Tampon GM on Jameis:

"If he wasn’t a good guy, we wouldn’t have used the first pick on him. When we’re doing the exhaustive process that we went through, that I’ve talked about, Lovie’s talked about, ownership has talked about it – how they were comfortable with it. Not only were we comfortable with him and his character, we’re confident in his character. We think that his character that he brings to the locker room and in the building is a strength. That’s one of the things that makes him a great player."

"You have to let the process play out with all players. You have to make sure that all players that you’re selecting, you check all the boxes with them. We checked a lot of boxes with Jameis. It’s been quite some time – I don’t want to put a date-stamp on it, but it’s been quite some time. We wanted to make sure that everybody in the building was on board, including coaches (and) scouts, who all did a tremendous job. (Director of Player Personnel) Jon Robinson led a charge that was one that I’ll remember forever. In terms of just the background work we did – not just on Jameis, but on all the quarterbacks. We all came together on this as a consensus."

"We had interest (from other teams), up until the last minute, or last few minutes. We were never tempted. We wanted to take (Winston) the whole time. You can never not take a phone call, it’s just kind of interesting to hear what some of the offers were. But like we said before, we didn’t want to close the door on it, but we wanted to take him, that was our plan. It would have – I don’t even want to put a price tag on it. He’s a franchise quarterback that we are thrilled to have, so really (I’ll) leave it at that."

"He won us over. He won a lot of people over in this building and around the league. There’s an article I saw that Derrick Brooks had a comment about time – you just have to give it some time and he was afforded some time to prove some people when he came into the league. Obviously Derrick is held in high regard here. And that’s just it, we can’t fast-forward time, but (we) just have to give time and let him prove to everybody – which I’m sure he will."

"He raises the bar of all the players around him. Guys start talking football with him and they just want to run out on the sandlot and start having a seven-on-seven practice. Every player that we talked to said that he’s the best leader that they’ve ever played with and that speaks volumes."

"We’ve said all along we’re not going to get into the specifics of who we talked to and what they said, but there are quite a few of those. And people that came out of nowhere to give unsolicited opinions that we didn’t even seek out. (People) that weren’t necessarily real close with him, that were outsiders, so it was really a fun interesting process that leads us to today."
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » May 1st, 2015, 9:51 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:Tampon GM on Jameis:

"If he wasn’t a good guy, we wouldn’t have used the first pick on him. When we’re doing the exhaustive process that we went through, that I’ve talked about, Lovie’s talked about, ownership has talked about it – how they were comfortable with it. Not only were we comfortable with him and his character, we’re confident in his character. We think that his character that he brings to the locker room and in the building is a strength. That’s one of the things that makes him a great player."

"You have to let the process play out with all players. You have to make sure that all players that you’re selecting, you check all the boxes with them. We checked a lot of boxes with Jameis. It’s been quite some time – I don’t want to put a date-stamp on it, but it’s been quite some time. We wanted to make sure that everybody in the building was on board, including coaches (and) scouts, who all did a tremendous job. (Director of Player Personnel) Jon Robinson led a charge that was one that I’ll remember forever. In terms of just the background work we did – not just on Jameis, but on all the quarterbacks. We all came together on this as a consensus."

"We had interest (from other teams), up until the last minute, or last few minutes. We were never tempted. We wanted to take (Winston) the whole time. You can never not take a phone call, it’s just kind of interesting to hear what some of the offers were. But like we said before, we didn’t want to close the door on it, but we wanted to take him, that was our plan. It would have – I don’t even want to put a price tag on it. He’s a franchise quarterback that we are thrilled to have, so really (I’ll) leave it at that."

"He won us over. He won a lot of people over in this building and around the league. There’s an article I saw that Derrick Brooks had a comment about time – you just have to give it some time and he was afforded some time to prove some people when he came into the league. Obviously Derrick is held in high regard here. And that’s just it, we can’t fast-forward time, but (we) just have to give time and let him prove to everybody – which I’m sure he will."

"He raises the bar of all the players around him. Guys start talking football with him and they just want to run out on the sandlot and start having a seven-on-seven practice. Every player that we talked to said that he’s the best leader that they’ve ever played with and that speaks volumes."

"We’ve said all along we’re not going to get into the specifics of who we talked to and what they said, but there are quite a few of those. And people that came out of nowhere to give unsolicited opinions that we didn’t even seek out. (People) that weren’t necessarily real close with him, that were outsiders, so it was really a fun interesting process that leads us to today."

So should I mail you a Buccaneers hat?
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby 08GatorBait » May 1st, 2015, 9:53 pm

I don't trust him he's proven himself to not be able to handle it off the field well. If he stays away from trouble, he will be a franchise QB though there is little doubt there.

My issue is simple...can he stay out of trouble? Sorry, but the past says it's not exactly a sure thing. Even his attorney said he isn't mature enough for the NFL did he not? I'm nervous. Maybe five-seven years down the road if he stays on task and stops doing stupid things and the rape allegations prove to be two ho's chasing money...then I could grow to like him. I love Dunn and Brooks despite being Noles because of what they did for Tampa.

But it will be a long time before that happens
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby bigbluebazooka » May 1st, 2015, 9:54 pm

08GatorBait wrote:I don't trust him he's proven himself to not be able to handle it off the field well. If he stays away from trouble, he will be a franchise QB though there is little doubt there.

My issue is simple...can he stay out of trouble? Sorry, but the past says it's not exactly a sure thing. Even his attorney said he isn't mature enough for the NFL did he not? I'm nervous. Maybe five-seven years down the road if he stays on task and stops doing stupid things and the rape allegations prove to be two ho's chasing money...then I could grow to like him. I love Dunn and Brooks despite being Noles because of what they did for Tampa.

But it will be a long time before that happens

Well he just signed his contract. Now he's got money.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Return to General Discussion