Quarterly Bonus Day!

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: Quarterly Bonus Day!

Postby Muck FcDisney » March 28th, 2015, 7:23 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:Cooper? What you payin' for those?

10 pack for $100 bucks. I think Lowe's sells them for $25 bucks a pop.

That's pretty cheap. I get the Leviton I mentioned above for $18. Maybe $12 if I bought in bulk.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » March 28th, 2015, 10:43 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:Ive been making a killing installing these on the side. And I got the hook up to get them dirt cheap.

I bought one about 3 months ago from Lowes. Installed it and kept blowing fuses. Guy told me I couldn't install it on a GFCI line. The only places in the house I don't have GFCI outlets are places I would never use a USB charger. I said fuck it and took it back.

WTF is a GFCI line? Who ever told you that is a retard. And if you believed him you're more of a retard.

I think he's talking GFCI breaker as opposed to GFCI receptacle. :dunno Either way, never trust a Lowe's/HD monkey, like you said. :no

The Leviton is a little more expensive, but it's a much better product than the Cooper. Higher amps, smart chip, and better configuration of USB ports. Also smaller and doesn't require wire nuts.

A receptacle is rated for 15 to 20 amps. It doesn't use amps until you plug something in. We use a lot of LeGrande and cooper. And if KW has fuses then he has an older system which probably doesn't have arch fault breakers.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » March 28th, 2015, 11:33 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:Ive been making a killing installing these on the side. And I got the hook up to get them dirt cheap.

I bought one about 3 months ago from Lowes. Installed it and kept blowing fuses. Guy told me I couldn't install it on a GFCI line. The only places in the house I don't have GFCI outlets are places I would never use a USB charger. I said fuck it and took it back.

WTF is a GFCI line? Who ever told you that is a retard. And if you believed him you're more of a retard.

I think he's talking GFCI breaker as opposed to GFCI receptacle. :dunno Either way, never trust a Lowe's/HD monkey, like you said. :no

The Leviton is a little more expensive, but it's a much better product than the Cooper. Higher amps, smart chip, and better configuration of USB ports. Also smaller and doesn't require wire nuts.

A receptacle is rated for 15 to 20 amps. It doesn't use amps until you plug something in. We use a lot of LeGrande and cooper. And if KW has fuses then he has an older system which probably doesn't have arch fault breakers.

I'm talking USB amps. The Cooper has 2.1, while the Leviton has 3.6. The Leviton also has a smart chip, which will sync it to what your device needs. This makes it better long-term. USB configuration is also important. The Cooper doesn't really work well with 3-prong plugs while the USBs are in use. Won't be an issue for a lot of people, but why worry?

Legrand and Lutron are total ripoffs, IMO. Lutron won't even give discounts on high quantity, and Legrand is just overpriced.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » March 28th, 2015, 11:36 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

I said fuse, meant breaker. All outlets downstairs are GFCI.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » March 28th, 2015, 11:54 pm

FSUKW wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

[img2]http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/032886/032886909894.jpg[/img2]

Get you one of these testers that you plug in and it will tell you if the outlet is wired right. Does the breaker trip often? If so you got an issue.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » March 28th, 2015, 11:56 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

I'm talking USB amps. The Cooper has 2.1, while the Leviton has 3.6. The Leviton also has a smart chip, which will sync it to what your device needs. This makes it better long-term. USB configuration is also important. The Cooper doesn't really work well with 3-prong plugs while the USBs are in use. Won't be an issue for a lot of people, but why worry?

Legrand and Lutron are total ripoffs, IMO. Lutron won't even give discounts on high quantity, and Legrand is just overpriced.

I agree. But try telling the customer that who's looking to save a couple bucks.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » March 28th, 2015, 11:58 pm

[img2]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/p526x296/10983182_10153234142458969_2711794185647880658_n.jpg?oh=7bdb2acf37fb640e9baf502da4198917&oe=55AD622F&__gda__=1437623097_9af635305b86dc4a5a77369e8c42df15[/img2]

Id love to know where I can find these at.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FSUKW » March 29th, 2015, 1:08 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

[img2]http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/032886/032886909894.jpg[/img2]

Get you one of these testers that you plug in and it will tell you if the outlet is wired right. Does the breaker trip often? If so you got an issue.

Never tripped before. Only after installing the USB outlet.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » March 29th, 2015, 1:13 am

lol you sure it got wired correctly. I have one that has 4 ports on it. It just plugs into any receptacle. Plus I can take it anywhere.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FSUKW » March 29th, 2015, 1:16 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:lol you sure it got wired correctly. I have one that has 4 ports on it. It just plugs into any receptacle. Plus I can take it anywhere.

It might not be. I have an outlet in master bedroom with no power that's wired to nothing. Builder sucked ass as his electrical sub goes. I could move it over about 6 inches but would require a new hole and patching current outlet hole. We haven't used it in 8 years.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » March 29th, 2015, 1:26 am

FSUKW wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:lol you sure it got wired correctly. I have one that has 4 ports on it. It just plugs into any receptacle. Plus I can take it anywhere.

It might not be. I have an outlet in master bedroom with no power that's wired to nothing. Builder sucked ass as his electrical sub goes. I could move it over about 6 inches but would require a new hole and patching current outlet hole. We haven't used it in 8 years.

Wired to nothing as there is no wire ran to the receptacle?
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FSUKW » March 29th, 2015, 1:42 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Wired to nothing as there is no wire ran to the receptacle?

The power wires are there, they just stop short of the receptacle so yes, the receptacle is wired to nothing. My neighbor is an electrician for Disney. He said he could rewire it or move the receptacle over 6 inches.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby gatrnation1 » March 31st, 2015, 11:57 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:Got quarterly bonus today, equal to 2 week's pay. :chewy

Made the company 2x more than that (on top of what I make in a day) before I left today. :sigh

DISCUSS?

Damn, I didn't know cat rotisseries sold that well in the Korean hoods.
gatrnation1

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby Muck FcDisney » April 1st, 2015, 1:15 am

gatrnation1 wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:Got quarterly bonus today, equal to 2 week's pay. :chewy

Made the company 2x more than that (on top of what I make in a day) before I left today. :sigh

DISCUSS?

Damn, I didn't know cat rotisseries sold that well in the Korean hoods.

They don't. Luckily, I'm surrounded by bunch of stupid roundeye.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Previous

Return to General Discussion