Whats your favorite all time tv show?

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: Whats your favorite all time tv show?

Postby ericberry14 » March 25th, 2015, 10:28 pm

ScotchFrost97 wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:The office is easily the best show ever

Its pretty damn good

First 2 seasons are the best ever of any show for me. 3 and 4 still good and I kept watching cuz I loved the characters at that point
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » March 25th, 2015, 11:08 pm

I also used to like scrubs
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby ericberry14 » March 25th, 2015, 11:14 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:I also used to like scrubs

Yeah that show was awesome. I might start watching that again from the start. Would be a nice walk down memory lane that's for sure.
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » March 25th, 2015, 11:44 pm

ericberry14 wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:I also used to like scrubs

Yeah that show was awesome. I might start watching that again from the start. Would be a nice walk down memory lane that's for sure.

I started it again the other day.

I watched it by watching repeats on Comedy Central out of order. However I figured the whole show out that way :lol:

I never got to watch it in full order from premier to end but I know how it goes because I watched it so many times.

That show was so fuckinng great becuase it's one of the only medical shows to actually be realistic.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Jezter13 » March 26th, 2015, 12:01 am

JdPat04 wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:The Wire
Mad Men
Married with Children
X-Files
Californication
House of Cards
Breaking Bad

The wire :up

Except they fucked up on season 3 or 4 can't remember now and I watched them all in a few weeks so hard to tell them apart.

Season 1 & 2 were freakin awesome as shit though.

if you thought that any of the seasons were fucked up, you didn't understand the point of the show.

I understand the show.

However going by the ratings alone everyone agreed.

It looked to me like they had a long time plan, and was sticking with it through seasons 1 & 2. Then it looked like they changed it up maybe worried about being canceled because the show did change from the each season as in it's style. They could've ended the show with season 4 and it had been an good close. The ratings were steadily climbing after 1 2 and 3 I believe and then after 4 they started dropping and 5.

That's after they changed. People started watching after hearing about it from their friends and how good it was they watched season 3 and season 3 wasn't that great of a season compared to the first two so seasons 4 ratings dropped because people quit watching.

Ratings? Ratings?

What's are the ratings for breaking bad? Notice they damn near canceled that show?

Rating? They are worthless. The masses don't know shit and only watch what is being talked about.

The fact is that's most people didn't and don't understand the show and how it was developed. The people who wrote it and what they put together. Fact is, the majority of people loved the one dumb fuck villain, Marlo, and didn't understand how awesome the character Stringer Bell was. How ingenious Omar was.

People have a major problem with timelines and continuity. The show was so impressive because it showed the intricacies and all the folds that go into the trades. The reality is, the seasons got so deep that if you blinked you may have missed a whole episode worth of stuff.

Like I said, ratings? The Usual Suspects made dick in the theater but hey, means it must have sucked too.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby JdPat04 » March 26th, 2015, 1:49 am

Jezter13 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Mad Men
Married with Children
X-Files
Californication
House of Cards
Breaking Bad

Except they fucked up on season 3 or 4 can't remember now and I watched them all in a few weeks so hard to tell them apart.

if you thought that any of the seasons were fucked up, you didn't understand the point of the show.

I understand the show.

It looked to me like they had a long time plan, and was sticking with it through seasons 1 & 2. Then it looked like they changed it up maybe worried about being canceled because the show did change from the each season as in it's style. They could've ended the show with season 4 and it had been an good close. The ratings were steadily climbing after 1 2 and 3 I believe and then after 4 they started dropping and 5.

That's after they changed. People started watching after hearing about it from their friends and how good it was they watched season 3 and season 3 wasn't that great of a season compared to the first two so seasons 4 ratings dropped because people quit watching.

Ratings? Ratings?

What's are the ratings for breaking bad? Notice they damn near canceled that show?

Rating? They are worthless. The masses don't know shit and only watch what is being talked about.

The fact is that's most people didn't and don't understand the show and how it was developed. The people who wrote it and what they put together. Fact is, the majority of people loved the one dumb fuck villain, Marlo, and didn't understand how awesome the character Stringer Bell was. How ingenious Omar was.

People have a major problem with timelines and continuity. The show was so impressive because it showed the intricacies and all the folds that go into the trades. The reality is, the seasons got so deep that if you blinked you may have missed a whole episode worth of stuff.

Like I said, ratings? The Usual Suspects made dick in the theater but hey, means it must have sucked too.

Omfg read the damn shit and don't act like md did ffs.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Eye_of_Horus » March 26th, 2015, 2:17 am

Mad Men
Married with Children
X-Files
Californication
House of Cards
Breaking Bad

All good choices. :2thumbs

I've never watched the Wire or Mad men though. :thought
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby JdPat04 » March 26th, 2015, 2:38 am

Eye_of_Horus wrote:
Mad Men
Married with Children
X-Files
Californication
House of Cards
Breaking Bad

Watch the wire ASAP.

We started watching mad men and quit. It starts slow. We are going to watch it but just not at this moment.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Eye_of_Horus » March 26th, 2015, 2:40 am

JdPat04 wrote:
Eye_of_Horus wrote:
Mad Men
Married with Children
X-Files
Californication
House of Cards
Breaking Bad

Watch the wire ASAP.

We started watching mad men and quit. It starts slow. We are going to watch it but just not at this moment.

Is it on netflix?
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby JdPat04 » March 26th, 2015, 2:41 am

Eye_of_Horus wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Eye_of_Horus wrote:
Mad Men
Married with Children
X-Files
Californication
House of Cards
Breaking Bad

Watch the wire ASAP.

Is it on netflix?

The wire ain't, it's hbo, and hbo ain't on NF. If you have hbo then u can watch it on demand.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Eye_of_Horus » March 26th, 2015, 2:45 am

JdPat04 wrote:
Eye_of_Horus wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Eye_of_Horus wrote:
Mad Men
Married with Children
X-Files
Californication
House of Cards
Breaking Bad

Watch the wire ASAP.

Is it on netflix?

The wire ain't, it's hbo, and hbo ain't on NF. If you have hbo then u can watch it on demand.

I don't have actual tv service. maybe I can find it online....I know a pretty good site for streaming tv shows that aren't available by other means.
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby JdPat04 » March 26th, 2015, 3:07 am

Eye_of_Horus wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Eye_of_Horus wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Eye_of_Horus wrote:
Mad Men
Married with Children
X-Files
Californication
House of Cards
Breaking Bad

Watch the wire ASAP.

Is it on netflix?

I don't have actual tv service. maybe I can find it online....I know a pretty good site for streaming tv shows that aren't available by other means.

I thought it might be that way for you, but yeah you should be able to find it. It's still a popular show.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby frazier9495 » March 26th, 2015, 4:08 am

Eye_of_Horus wrote:I don't have actual tv service. maybe I can find it online....I know a pretty good site for streaming tv shows that aren't available by other means.

The Wire is on Amazon Prime if you have that. If you don't sign up for the free month and binge watch it :yes

The Wire is right up there with GOAT TV series. Mad Men is great too which is on Netflix :up
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby Jezter13 » March 26th, 2015, 2:28 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Mad Men
Married with Children
X-Files
Californication
House of Cards
Breaking Bad

I understand the show.

Ratings? Ratings?

no. it isn't about acting like anyone else. i gave you two very relevant examples of why your theory is worthless. period.
Last edited by Jezter13 on March 26th, 2015, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Jezter13 » March 26th, 2015, 2:29 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
Eye_of_Horus wrote:
Mad Men
Married with Children
X-Files
Californication
House of Cards
Breaking Bad

Watch the wire ASAP.

it is called linear movement and character development not "slow"
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Eye_of_Horus » March 26th, 2015, 5:21 pm

frazier9495 wrote:
Eye_of_Horus wrote:I don't have actual tv service. maybe I can find it online....I know a pretty good site for streaming tv shows that aren't available by other means.

The Wire is on Amazon Prime if you have that. If you don't sign up for the free month and binge watch it :yes

The Wire is right up there with GOAT TV series. Mad Men is great too which is on Netflix :up

I don't have Amazon Prime, but I already found the wire on another site. I'll probably start it today. :2thumbs
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby JdPat04 » March 26th, 2015, 7:13 pm

Jezter13 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Mad Men
Married with Children
X-Files
Californication
House of Cards
Breaking Bad

I understand the show.

Ratings? Ratings?

no. it isn't about acting like anyone else. i gave you two very relevant examples of why your theory is worthless. period.

You are being very stupid.

Try reading.

Look at the wwe's ratings over the past 30 years. I guarantee the ratings were the best when the wwe was the best.... Monday night wars/attitude era.

Cfb has the best ratings when the best games are being played....

ALMOST every show will have its best ratings during its best seasons, and if their seasons go through a bad spell, the ratings will drop, if they get time to stick around and correct it the ratings will increase.

You are being a dumbass and trying to act like I'm comparing overall ratings like saying it sucked because American idol or some retarded MTV show had better ratings, when I didn't say any of that bullshit.

Next time pay attention, and read. Compare the shows ratings to itself.

There are times where this doesn't happe. Perfect example for sure... The walking dead, it's ratings have grown every year while it's has almost gotten worse every year.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby frazier9495 » March 26th, 2015, 7:18 pm

Eye_of_Horus wrote:
frazier9495 wrote:

I don't have Amazon Prime, but I already found the wire on another site. I'll probably start it today. :2thumbs

I'm jelly
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Previous

Return to General Discussion