Is MD the biggest jinx to his "teams"?

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: Is MD the biggest jinx to his "teams"?

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » March 10th, 2015, 5:50 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Like I said, if I'm a Steinbrenner I burn the contract on live TV and ban Afraud from the premises forever.

The MLBPA can strike all they want but they'll get no support from the media and public who loathe Afraud and the mockery he's made of the game.

[ img ]

that would just result in the stienbrenners having to pay him for sitting on his ass at his house

which may be the best thing they could do, im all for players having their rights (unlike the NFL) but the MLB is sickening, the players have ALL of the power, and the PA sticks up for losers like bonds and arod full force, whereas you would think the PA would stick up for all of the guys who DONT cheat, because they represent them TOO
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » March 10th, 2015, 5:52 pm

Agreed.

I wouldn't pay him shit if I were them. Move your money and tell them to suck a dick. :lol:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » March 10th, 2015, 5:53 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Agreed.

I wouldn't pay him shit if I were them. Move your money and tell them to suck a dick. :lol:

the MLB would make them pay, as in they would literally take the money from them, and yes they have that power
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » March 10th, 2015, 5:58 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:

the MLB would make them pay, as in they would literally take the money from them, and yes they have that power

Move the money and tell MLB to suck a dick! :finger:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » March 10th, 2015, 6:05 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:

yea but they cant shut the franchise down dude, the yankees as an organization is way bigger than this whole arod thing
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » March 10th, 2015, 6:16 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:

yea but they cant shut the franchise down dude, the yankees as an organization is way bigger than this whole arod thing

Maybe they can, maybe they can't. But even if they could - would they really want to? Baseball is already falling off as a national sport, so 86ing their biggest franchise would be the dumbest move imaginable.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » March 10th, 2015, 6:18 pm

i think the moral of the story is be careful when you sign a 10 year contract, they should have drug tested him as a franchise a few times before they inked the deal

of course then he probably would have got pissed and left
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » March 10th, 2015, 7:04 pm

I'm sure they did, he never failed a test. Like most guys with too much money they found a way to beat the current testing system.

Aroid, Bonds, Lance Armstrong, etc etc
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » March 10th, 2015, 7:28 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:I'm sure they did, he never failed a test. Like most guys with too much money they found a way to beat the current testing system.

the MLB and the MLBPA did this to themselves, they waited until it was absolutely the last minute to establish some type of gimmicky testing policy

their should have been a policy since the late 80s or so when people started finding out about horse steroids in the olympics

doping had been a major issue in horse racing long before any known human sports (as far as i remember)

and when the strike happened in 1994 many of the owners sought to re-gain fain interest by allowing (and supplying) players to use steroids in a sport that conveniently had no testing policy . (like the rangers with juan gonzales and that crew or the a's with the bash brothers)

not saying the owners are completely at fault and the players are innocent, but you cannot blame the star athlete completely when their boss is the one telling them to do it and paying them more because of their stardom and popularity rising along with their home run numbers

so once again, baseball dug their own grave , and they are slowly climbing out of it , the yankees are just one of the biggest victims
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » March 10th, 2015, 7:46 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:I'm sure they did, he never failed a test. Like most guys with too much money they found a way to beat the current testing system.

the MLB and the MLBPA did this to themselves, they waited until it was absolutely the last minute to establish some type of gimmicky testing policy

their should have been a policy since the late 80s or so when people started finding out about horse steroids in the olympics

doping had been a major issue in horse racing long before any known human sports (as far as i remember)

and when the strike happened in 1994 many of the owners sought to re-gain fain interest by allowing (and supplying) players to use steroids in a sport that conveniently had no testing policy . (like the rangers with juan gonzales and that crew or the a's with the bash brothers)

not saying the owners are completely at fault and the players are innocent, but you cannot blame the star athlete completely when their boss is the one telling them to do it and paying them more because of their stardom and popularity rising along with their home run numbers

so once again, baseball dug their own grave , and they are slowly climbing out of it , the yankees are just one of the biggest victims

Definitely don't disagree with you, MLB cut these guys loose when the ratings were down and before you knew it you had Sosa and McGwire chasing records that stood for decades.

It definitely did add excitement as watching that home run race and chase was epic. But, they're paying the price now as you have a generation of players who idolize and emulate those juice heads and now it's everywhere and a stain on the game, and it's costing MLB fans.

Add to that the games are 3 hours long each which is brutal with all the TV time outs, commercials, batters taking 10 minutes per swing per at-bat, etc.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Previous

Return to General Discussion