Bankrupcy

Moderator: JdPat04

Bankrupcy

Postby 08GatorBait » February 25th, 2015, 9:24 pm

Anyone filed for it?

I have huge hospital bills I really don't want to pay and I don't plan on getting any loans or anything for a few years so seems a good time to do it to get rid of 30k I really don't want to spend. I also heard I can basically get a few credit cards and max those fuckers out right before it goes through and basically walk away with thousands of dollars in free shit. Anyone know if this works?
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Re: Bankrupcy

Postby JdPat04 » February 25th, 2015, 10:01 pm

Never filed but it can work. I know someone who has.

However call the hospital and talk to them. You can get bills wrote off, you can get discounts. You can tell them you're not gonna pay because you can't and you're gonna have to file bankruptcy unless they can give you a deal and let you make payments on it.

Text me and I'll let you talk to Ashley. She does financing for the hospital and she knows how it works. She can give you advice.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby frazier9495 » February 25th, 2015, 10:08 pm

Just tell the hospital you can only afford $50 a month. Eventually they will get tired of your slow paying ass and tell you that they no longer want your money.

I think your chances of avoiding fraud charges after maxing out a few credit cards and then filing for bankruptcy would be slim.
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby 08GatorBait » February 25th, 2015, 10:19 pm

It sounds like fraud...how about just going like 2,000 deep on a new living room set and tv :P
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby frazier9495 » February 25th, 2015, 10:22 pm

08GatorBait wrote:It sounds like fraud...how about just going like 2,000 deep on a new living room set and tv :P

Just pay the minimum for 6 months before filing...no way they would ever suspect a thing.
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby JdPat04 » February 25th, 2015, 10:50 pm

Do you have insurance?

Ask them do they have charity care.

Ask them do they have sliding scale or anything income based.

Ask them if you paid a large lump sum at once would they accept it. You might could pay 2500-5000 and get the rest of it done. Then you could just take the loam out for that amount or maybe borrow it from your parents and pay them back and even offer them a lower rate of interest that you'd have to pay the bank.

My bro paid off my car in 2013 and we just kept making our monthly payments to him. Since we did it so late it didn't save as much but we saved 2 car payments in all and we have him 1 of theme that's $250 he got and 250 we saved. Had we done it earlier we would've saved 1000 and he would've got 350 or 400 of it.

I think she said something else, but she's out of the room if so I'll post it when she's back
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby JdPat04 » February 25th, 2015, 10:51 pm

frazier9495 wrote:Just tell the hospital you can only afford $50 a month. Eventually they will get tired of your slow paying ass and tell you that they no longer want your money.

I think your chances of avoiding fraud charges after maxing out a few credit cards and then filing for bankruptcy would be slim.

If he was gonna try that then fuck paying $50. They'll gladly accept that. Pay $5 or $10 and no more.

Offer to pay $5 a month and tell them that's all you can affordt
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby JdPat04 » February 25th, 2015, 10:55 pm

Oh yeah hospitals get to do write offs so ask them can they write it off or write off any of it. Which that is what the other things are but they may not call them that so asking it that way might help.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » February 25th, 2015, 11:19 pm

dude you are very confident in your ability to get girls right?

get an old or fat chick maybe just an ugly one, who is rich and bang the shit out her and let her pay your bills
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » February 25th, 2015, 11:20 pm

Has hospital bills he doesn't want to pay but drops hundreds on Tinder whores GG :usa
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby stormbrewin » February 25th, 2015, 11:38 pm

do a little research first. new laws every year. but from what I remember there are 3 types, chapter 7, 11, and 13. depending on your income one you don't pay back one the others they work something out with you. hospital bills you can let go if you didn't hurt yourself I think. they also have a vegas act/law, where you cant max out cards and bk them(must pay them for 60-90 days). if you use like best buy, sears, or furniture cards they get the property back and if you owe sears one penny they will show up at the hearing the rest usually don't.
stormbrewin

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » February 26th, 2015, 12:20 am

$30K? How many fucking STDs did you get, deadbeat?

The bums will always lose!
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » February 26th, 2015, 12:43 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:$30K? How many fucking STDs did you get, deadbeat?

The bums will always lose!

dude he has diabetes
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby FSUKW » February 26th, 2015, 12:58 am

08GatorBait wrote:Anyone filed for it?

I have huge hospital bills I really don't want to pay and I don't plan on getting any loans or anything for a few years so seems a good time to do it to get rid of 30k I really don't want to spend. I also heard I can basically get a few credit cards and max those fuckers out right before it goes through and basically walk away with thousands of dollars in free shit. Anyone know if this works?

Don't file bankruptcy over 30K. Bankruptcy makes sense in some scenarios but not for 30K. You are young and educated. If you are like most educated working class people, your income will grow every year. You should seriously consider taking the big boy way out and not the lazy, welfare, Obama way out. You can do it but you have to be disciplined. I'd start by:

1) Getting the fuck off Tinder with the exception being the free booty calls.
2) Stop incurring debt. Stop using Credit Cards.
3) Put any retirement plans on hold. (all money goes to debt)
4) Negotiating your medical bills. (call them up and offer settlement. I've heard some will accept .5 cents on the dollar - but get it in writing)
5) Snowball your debt. (pay smallest balance first, then move on to next smallest and so on)
6) Get a part time job. (delivering pizza's for example)
7) Get some insurance so this doesn't happen again.

There is no reason you can't pay 30K off in 3 years or sooner especially if your income grows but you have to stop spending. You may not think it matters now, but B/K will follow you for a very long time and statistics show you will probably file B/K a second time in your life. I would also not suggest jacking up credit cards before filing. This is Fraud and is a Federal Crime.

To the poster above, there are actually 6 kinds of B/K but 7, 11 and 13 are the most common and 11 is corporate.

Just my 2 cents.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » February 26th, 2015, 1:07 am

:biglol @ the #1 recommendation!
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby 08GatorBait » February 26th, 2015, 1:35 am

JdPat04 wrote:
frazier9495 wrote:Just tell the hospital you can only afford $50 a month. Eventually they will get tired of your slow paying ass and tell you that they no longer want your money.

If he was gonna try that then fuck paying $50. They'll gladly accept that. Pay $5 or $10 and no more.

Offer to pay $5 a month and tell them that's all you can affordt

I pay 25 a month haha
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby 08GatorBait » February 26th, 2015, 1:43 am

FSUKW wrote:

Don't file bankruptcy over 30K. Bankruptcy makes sense in some scenarios but not for 30K. You are young and educated. If you are like most educated working class people, your income will grow every year. You should seriously consider taking the big boy way out and not the lazy, welfare, Obama way out. You can do it but you have to be disciplined. I'd start by:

4) Negotiating your medical bills. (call them up and offer settlement. I've heard some will accept .5 cents on the dollar - but get it in writing)
5) Snowball your debt. (pay smallest balance first, then move on to next smallest and so on)

There is no reason you can't pay 30K off in 3 years or sooner especially if your income grows but you have to stop spending. You may not think it matters now, but B/K will follow you for a very long time and statistics show you will probably file B/K a second time in your life. I would also not suggest jacking up credit cards before filing. This is Fraud and is a Federal Crime.

To the poster above, there are actually 6 kinds of B/K but 7, 11 and 13 are the most common and 11 is corporate.

Just my 2 cents.

1. I am seeing someone so may actually happen
2. I have no cards(cut the only one I used for car crap)
3. I have plans but only through work. I'm not saving for retirement now but I have 401k and Pension
4. Already doing it
5. My debt is all in one general area. Credit Card I pay 200 a month and it's not a problem only other debt are student loans(can't do shit about I believe) and the Hospital bills
6. I work two jobs now, and may take on a third. I only make 35k a year and that money disappears so fucking quick. I took a second may look into third just for the hell of it but with the goal of getting ahead. My credit is actually not bad I just sought out getting a new car the bank seems willing to give me a 15k loan if I need so it can't be terrible
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby FSUKW » February 26th, 2015, 1:52 am

08GatorBait wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

1. I am seeing someone so may actually happen
2. I have no cards(cut the only one I used for car crap)
3. I have plans but only through work. I'm not saving for retirement now but I have 401k and Pension
4. Already doing it
5. My debt is all in one general area. Credit Card I pay 200 a month and it's not a problem only other debt are student loans(can't do shit about I believe) and the Hospital bills
6. I work two jobs now, and may take on a third. I only make 35k a year and that money disappears so fucking quick. I took a second may look into third just for the hell of it but with the goal of getting ahead. My credit is actually not bad I just sought out getting a new car the bank seems willing to give me a 15k loan if I need so it can't be terrible

:facepalm

don't buy the new truck and don't borrow money on it. What do you drive now? Do you have a payment? How much on the CC? Student Loan?
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Eye_of_Horus » February 26th, 2015, 2:40 am

I know plenty of people who have filed bankruptcy (legalized theft).

Running up credit debt prior to filing can get you in trouble though, so be careful.
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby JdPat04 » February 26th, 2015, 2:53 am

There's no way I'd ever file BR if there was any other option available
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Return to General Discussion