How much would you pay?

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: How much would you pay?

Postby ericberry14 » January 16th, 2015, 9:14 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Jokes aside, I don't see the big deal about the chain fence.

I'd prefer one of those than a wood one that completely obstructs your view of the lake/river/pond/whatever the fuck that is. :lol:

It won't rot and requires no maintenance. :up

Have you ever owned one?

Everything requires maintenance

Yes, I do currently and I'm on the water. Nobody has wood fences in the back, it completely blocks your view.

The only maintenance the fence required was when a 50 foot tree fell on it during Hurricane Irene and even then I had to replace one, 8 foot pole. The rest of the fence has been maintenance free even with Hurricane Sandy. :up

That's when you get one of those black iron fences or whatever

There's no need to dump money into replacing something that's been pretty much perfect. :lol:

They look a lot better though
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 16th, 2015, 9:24 pm

JdPat04 wrote:As I said, i like chain link fences especially if you live in the country like we did. Where we are right now i prefer the privacy fence that we have.
Once you have the chain link fence after 10 years some of the clips start breaking allowing the poles to droop or come unattached, or the fence to droop, it can be crawled or dug under, etc...
Mowing the grass and weed eating properly takes care of the most of the coloring and all the problems that his fence has but a privacy fence doesn't really get that problem even if you don't maintain the grass properly.

The fence will rust in lots of rain, I don't know how much it rains there but our fence in Bama rusted. Of course im talking about my moms the one that was built when I was 4 and she lived there until 3 years ago. So 21 years.

As I said I would do a chain link fence again (as long as I moved back to a non crowded area and this time i would dig the trench like we did for several of our richer clients when we was building houses for them when I was doing construction.

Same fence has been on the property for ~20 years, not much rust but there's alittle here and there. Idk what the annual rain/snow fall is here but moderate would be my guess plus, harsh winters mixed in. :dunno

My dog doesn't dig so no worry there, his ass doesn't want to get away anyway. All he wants to do is be fed and pet by people all day. :dog

ericberry14 wrote:They look a lot better though

When the view out your backdoor is a lake/river/pond/lagoon/bay/ocean, the last thing you want is a 'nice looking' wood fence obstructing the view.

Honestly, nobody here gives a crap about how their fence looks. :lol:

If you live in suburbia, people care though.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby ericberry14 » January 16th, 2015, 9:28 pm

I'm talking about a black iron fence. Doesn't obstruct the view anymore than a chain link and looks way better
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 16th, 2015, 9:35 pm

[ img ]

:ays

No thanks, I'd use one of those if I lived in a castle and had a moat though.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby ericberry14 » January 16th, 2015, 9:37 pm

They look way nicer
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby frazier9495 » January 16th, 2015, 10:05 pm

In OP's picture, even a wooden fence of the same height would hardly obscure your view. I'm just surprised chain link fences are allowed in your hoods :shock
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 16th, 2015, 10:11 pm

It's decided, my next home will have a moat with drawbridge and black, cast iron fence that I can stake the heads of local dumb people that annoy me. :yes
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby frazier9495 » January 16th, 2015, 10:14 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:It's decided, my next home will have a moat with drawbridge and black, cast iron fence that I can stake the heads of local dumb people that annoy me. :yes

:rock
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby JdPat04 » January 17th, 2015, 12:00 am

sellular1 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Jokes aside, I don't see the big deal about the chain fence.

I'd prefer one of those than a wood one that completely obstructs your view of the lake/river/pond/whatever the fuck that is. :lol:

Have you ever owned one?

Yes, I do currently and I'm on the water. Nobody has wood fences in the back, it completely blocks your view.

The only maintenance the fence required was when a 50 foot tree fell on it during Hurricane Irene and even then I had to replace one, 8 foot pole. The rest of the fence has been maintenance free even with Hurricane Sandy. :up

You mean Tropical Storm Sandy... Pussy

:lolthumb
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 17th, 2015, 12:39 am

JdPat04 wrote:
sellular1 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

Have you ever owned one?

Sandy pussy is no laughing matter. :nuhuh Ain't nobody want to rub their cock with sandpaper n shit. :suicide2
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby JdPat04 » January 17th, 2015, 1:19 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
sellular1 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

Have you ever owned one?

Sandy pussy is no laughing matter. :nuhuh Ain't nobody want to rub their cock with sandpaper n shit. :suicide2

Some people like that shit. I bet aubs is used to sandpaper pussy now
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Eye_of_Horus » January 17th, 2015, 2:24 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:the only down side of having a pond is mosquitos and snakes

[ img ]

gators arent found in ponds bro, very rare because they have no outlet

gators are found in rivers creeks and bayous

Not true. There are gators in almost every pond and lake in central florida.

And swimming pools.

[img2]http://cl.jroo.me/z3/g/e/h/e/a.baa-Crocodile-in-home-pool.jpg[/img2]

[img2]http://www.terrysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/tcanadian-tuxedo-summer-2.jpeg[/img2]
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby JdPat04 » January 17th, 2015, 2:43 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:As I said, i like chain link fences especially if you live in the country like we did. Where we are right now i prefer the privacy fence that we have.
Once you have the chain link fence after 10 years some of the clips start breaking allowing the poles to droop or come unattached, or the fence to droop, it can be crawled or dug under, etc...
Mowing the grass and weed eating properly takes care of the most of the coloring and all the problems that his fence has but a privacy fence doesn't really get that problem even if you don't maintain the grass properly.

The fence will rust in lots of rain, I don't know how much it rains there but our fence in Bama rusted. Of course im talking about my moms the one that was built when I was 4 and she lived there until 3 years ago. So 21 years.

As I said I would do a chain link fence again (as long as I moved back to a non crowded area and this time i would dig the trench like we did for several of our richer clients when we was building houses for them when I was doing construction.

Same fence has been on the property for ~20 years, not much rust but there's alittle here and there. Idk what the annual rain/snow fall is here but moderate would be my guess plus, harsh winters mixed in. :dunno

My dog doesn't dig so no worry there, his ass doesn't want to get away anyway. All he wants to do is be fed and pet by people all day. :dog

ericberry14 wrote:They look a lot better though

When the view out your backdoor is a lake/river/pond/lagoon/bay/ocean, the last thing you want is a 'nice looking' wood fence obstructing the view.

Honestly, nobody here gives a crap about how their fence looks. :lol:

If you live in suburbia, people care though.

My dog right now doesn't dig but my Weims that we used to have did. They dug in the yard though, those fuckers dug up all of our water lines :shock

But i also worry about other dogs digging in. The wrong one digs in and they can kill your dog or rabies, or impregnate your dog if you don't have them fixed.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby JdPat04 » January 17th, 2015, 2:44 am

FSUKW wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:the only down side of having a pond is mosquitos and snakes

[ img ]

gators arent found in ponds bro, very rare because they have no outlet

gators are found in rivers creeks and bayous

Not true. There are gators in almost every pond and lake in central florida.

Gators in ponds and lakes as far up north as North Alabama.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby JdPat04 » January 17th, 2015, 2:49 am

Here's a website with pictures gators from around Bama. Madison is the gators near my place that we'd go see and catch their babies. Also the ones i posted pics of on vle.

http://www.alabamaherps.com/alligators/ ... gator.html

Here's a newspaper article
Decatur is the main city in Morgan County right below Limestone and Madison.

The latest reminder that "we aren't in Kansas" anymore - or south Florida for that matter - occurred in mid-June week when officials removed an alligator from a privately owned pond in Danville, a small community 10 miles southeast of Decatur.

Officials released the 8-foot gator in an undisclosed location.

But the question remains: Gators in Florida, sure, even in south Alabama, but gators in northern Alabama?

Like many introduced animal and plant species, alligators, which are native to southern Alabama, have a part truthful, part mythical history of how they came to live in an area once formidable to them.

This much is known: In 1979, 55 alligators from southern Louisiana were released at Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge to help the then-endangered species thrive and to help control the beaver population, according to Bill "Gator" Gates, wildlife biologist at the Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge.

Before their official introduction, alligator sightings at the Wheeler refuge date back to 1964, though in the 1975 tome, "The Reptiles and Amphibians of Alabama" the range of alligators was noted not to extend in the northern half of Alabama.

Stan Stewart, wildlife biologist based in Birmingham, said he thought alligators were introduced at Wheeler during the 1940s and 1950s for unknown experimental reasons.

Regardless of the exact time frame, Vinny Grosso, shelter manager at the Florence-Lauderdale Animal Shelter and local wildlife enthusiast said, "I don't want to scare people, but the alligators are here."

One family in Franklin County, who asked not to be named, found a five-foot alligator in their backyard pond in mid-June.

Joey Wimberley, who used to raise alligators as pets in Franklin County and studied herpetological, said that the alligator could be one of his he turned loose seven years ago.

"I didn't think he would survive the winter," Wimberley said. "They are definitely migrating north."

Wimberley, also a bass fisherman, said 20 years ago, alligators were never seen in Lake Tuscaloosa in the northern half of the state.

Now, he said he will see three to four gators in a tournament.

"They are coming north because of the warmer winters," Wimberley said. "I don't think we'll see a whole lot more than we see now."
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby bigbluebazooka » January 23rd, 2015, 12:04 am

Just got the inspection report. :down
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 23rd, 2015, 12:07 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:Just got the inspection report. :down

:lol: What the dilly?
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby bigbluebazooka » January 23rd, 2015, 12:17 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

The a/c is fucked needs totally replaced. Reverse polarity in the electrical outlets. Plumbing needs work badly. And this house is currently owned by a contractor?

they need to drop the price about 20K. I now have leverage to renegotiate. Original deal was with a working a/c not a 13 year old piece of shit. Not to mention dude found a bucket catching water in the return which tells me the condensation lines are fucked. :yes
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 23rd, 2015, 12:40 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

The a/c is fucked needs totally replaced. Reverse polarity in the electrical outlets. Plumbing needs work badly. And this house is currently owned by a contractor?

they need to drop the price about 20K. I now have leverage to renegotiate. Original deal was with a working a/c not a 13 year old piece of shit. Not to mention dude found a bucket catching water in the return which tells me the condensation lines are fucked. :yes

A/c and plumbing? Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk that.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby ericberry14 » January 23rd, 2015, 12:43 am

Ac is straight forward. With plumbing it could be a million different things
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion