Obama proposes idea of two free years of community college

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: Obama proposes idea of two free years of community colle

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 9th, 2015, 5:46 pm

Your trolling is quite ambitious today! :2thumbs

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Still deflecting, sad. The conversation has moved since the OP, as many threads do.

Usually as a result of deflections and short attention spans.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Are you new to internet forums and discussion altogether?

No.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:I'm going to ahead assume you can't generate a single Republican sponsored bill, or even a single Republican idea, that has resulted in a positive change in this country during Obama's entire administration.

Not in this thread.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:We can move froward now. :yes

Back on topic? Excellent!
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 9th, 2015, 5:48 pm

ScotchFrost97 wrote:Who cant afford CC? :ROFL2

People too stupid to hold down a minimum wage job. College is certainly the answer! :ROFL2
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 5:48 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
aubiefifty wrote:i knew no one else would agree. personally i like a smarter america. so i like it. right now if you are not a four star ath or rocket scientist you do not get to go much. we can never have too much education.

Nah, the Pubtards much prefer college education be a complete sinkhole of debt these kids will never be able to climb out of. :up

And not all people are fit for college.

Glad you've conceded the other point. :up

Explain.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 9th, 2015, 5:54 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
aubiefifty wrote:i knew no one else would agree. personally i like a smarter america. so i like it. right now if you are not a four star ath or rocket scientist you do not get to go much. we can never have too much education.

Nah, the Pubtards much prefer college education be a complete sinkhole of debt these kids will never be able to climb out of. :up

And not all people are fit for college.

Glad you've conceded the other point. :up

Explain.

What other point?

What do you need explained to you? I'm here to help. :hug
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 5:56 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:What other point?

This one you've avoided like the plague:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote: you can't generate a single Republican sponsored bill, or even a single Republican idea, that has resulted in a positive change in this country during Obama's entire administration.

Muck FcDisney wrote:2 years of community college is likely to upgrade your position in the workforce from fries to drive-thru. Not exactly a smarter America. :happyno

So community college is a waste of time now and leads to dead end careers?

Tell that to: Walt Disney, George Lucas, Gwen Brooks, Ross Perot, your girl Sarah Palin, Nolan Ryan, Nolan Archibald - CEO of your favorite brand in hardware of Black & Decker, and a fuck load of other people who are infinitely more successful than you can dream of being.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » January 9th, 2015, 5:57 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

please dont tell me you are this stupid

You bring nothing to the table, just like the Republicans during Obama's term. Not a coincidence.

Republicans have done literally nothing but try and sabotage every single idea that Obama has proposed, all for the single purpose of smearing him and hoping in the end he'll look worse than Dubya did when his sorry ass left office. What they've done during his terms is criminal and as un-American as it gets. Thanks to your Pubs this generation and the one after that will be completely buried in a lifetime of debt thanks to student loans, will be devoid of affordable healthcare, won't have a say in how they can handle their own bodies, etc etc.

Go ahead and list for us all the Republican bills that have helped this country for the last 8 years, I'll wait.

the people who are going to abuse this policy are not the type that will hold and keep jobs, sorry the gvmt already has several programs to pay for tuition on the state and federal level

this is a waste of tax money
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 6:23 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

You bring nothing to the table, just like the Republicans during Obama's term. Not a coincidence.

Republicans have done literally nothing but try and sabotage every single idea that Obama has proposed, all for the single purpose of smearing him and hoping in the end he'll look worse than Dubya did when his sorry ass left office. What they've done during his terms is criminal and as un-American as it gets. Thanks to your Pubs this generation and the one after that will be completely buried in a lifetime of debt thanks to student loans, will be devoid of affordable healthcare, won't have a say in how they can handle their own bodies, etc etc.

Go ahead and list for us all the Republican bills that have helped this country for the last 8 years, I'll wait.

the people who are going to abuse this policy are not the type that will hold and keep jobs, sorry the gvmt already has several programs to pay for tuition on the state and federal level

So, let's not encourage a large majority of people to go to school and get a community college level of education b/c a small % of people may abuse it? :thought

If you applied that logic to - anything - there would be no reason to do anything whatsoever.

How does one abuse a free education at a community college anyway? :dunno
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » January 9th, 2015, 6:28 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

So, let's not encourage a large majority of people to go to school and get a community college level of education b/c a small % of people may abuse it? :thought

If you applied that logic to - anything - there would be no reason to do anything whatsoever.

once again, pell grants and different state programs already pay for tuition if people meet the requirements, which are usually just a 2.0 or 2.5 gpa and shit like that

the pell grants help people from poverty pay for school , and the requirements arent that strict

what this new plan does is try to force kids with bad grades through college, which is fucking dumb

as muck said, if they cannot hold down a minimum wage job what the fuck makes you think they are going to get through college
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 9th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:What other point?

This one you've avoided like the plague:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote: you can't generate a single Republican sponsored bill, or even a single Republican idea, that has resulted in a positive change in this country during Obama's entire administration.

Muck FcDisney wrote:2 years of community college is likely to upgrade your position in the workforce from fries to drive-thru. Not exactly a smarter America. :happyno

So community college is a waste of time now and leads to dead end careers?

Tell that to: Walt Disney, George Lucas, Gwen Brooks, Ross Perot, your girl Sarah Palin, Nolan Ryan, Nolan Archibald - CEO of your favorite brand in hardware of Black & Decker, and a fuck load of other people who are infinitely more successful than you can dream of being.

Again, I told you to start another thread if you wish to discuss another topic. Not complicated.

Nice Google work. :dog http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most ... in-1966-12

How much of their success do you think these people attribute to community college?

Disney attended multiple private institutes of fine arts. The Obama plan only applies to public schools. Anyway, fuck McDisney. I didn't know you were an anti-semite. :shock:
Lucas graduated from film school at USC. I doubt Modesto JC helped him that much.
Brooks wrote poetry before college, and wasn't well known until well after college. After college, she attended a bunch of poetry workshops.
Perot graduated from the Naval Academy.
Palin graduated from the University of Idaho.
I doubt Nolan Ryan learned how to throw a 100MPH fastball in community college.
Archibald has an MBA from Harvard.

Try again.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 6:44 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:

once again, pell grants and different state programs already pay for tuition if people meet the requirements, which are usually just a 2.0 or 2.5 gpa and shit like that

the pell grants help people from poverty pay for school , and the requirements arent that strict

what this new plan does is try to force kids with bad grades through college, which is fucking dumb

as muck said, if they cannot hold down a minimum wage job what the fuck makes you think they are going to get through college[/quote]

Pell Grant's are calculated based on need, and who the fuck knows how that turns out for people from poverty. I'm guessing, it doesn't cover most completely. This program doesn't 'force' anyone anywhere they don't want to be, it provides opportunity to CC level education. Take it or don't, that's on the individual.

Your last statement and question is easy to answer - kids grow up, mature, and change. Are you the same person at (insert your age here) that you were when you were a teen?

Sure, the easy route is to say "X won't work because A, B, & C" meanwhile academic's here continue to fall. So your choice is to sit there as a pessimist and rip everything apart and provide no ideas/solutions like Republican's are accustomed to doing while academic's here head toward rock bottom, or try something new.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 6:45 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:[Again, I told you to start another thread if you wish to discuss another topic. Not complicated.

No. You don't dictate jack shit here, capish?
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby ScotchFrost97 » January 9th, 2015, 6:48 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:

People too stupid to hold down a minimum wage job. College is certainly the answer! :ROFL2

No shit. What the fuck is CC gonna do?
ScotchFrost97
2013 TSH Fantasy Football Champion

Team Logo:
USC Trojans

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 9th, 2015, 6:54 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:[Again, I told you to start another thread if you wish to discuss another topic. Not complicated.

I said, "if you wish". If you don't, that's fine with me.

Oh, and it's "capisce". Typical ignorant wannabe New Yorker. :facepalm You learn Italian in community college? :dog

I assume you're ignoring the rest of my response due to utter humiliation. ;)
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 6:55 pm

ScotchFrost97 wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Community colleges would have to offer academic programs that fully transfer credits to local public four-year colleges and universities or training programs with high graduation rates that lead to in-demand degrees and certificates. Community colleges must also adopt “promising and evidence-based institutional reforms” to improve student outcomes.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 6:58 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

Oh, and it's "capisce". Typical ignorant wannabe New Yorker. :facepalm You learn Italian in community college? :dog

It's capish, as recognized by the dictionary. :youfail

Thanks for continued efforts as a grammar Nazi and deflecting from the fact you can't name a single, Republican proposed bill/idea generated during the entirety of Obama's administration.

I'd be embarrassed too if I voted clowns like that in office. ;)
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 9th, 2015, 7:13 pm

ScotchFrost97 wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Provide a minute level of arrogance and an undeserved sense of entitlement? :dunno
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 9th, 2015, 7:26 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

Thanks for continued efforts as a grammar Nazi and deflecting from the fact you can't name a single, Republican proposed bill/idea generated during the entirety of Obama's administration.

Slang dictionary? Okay... but that's not how it's spelled. It's an Italian word, and it's capisce.

Grammar =/= spelling. Were you not accepted to the local CC?

Why do you keep deflecting back to your original deflection?

Care to name anyone you voted for?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 9th, 2015, 7:36 pm

This idea is as comical and half-hearted as Barry's budget... the one which was defeated 99-0 in a Dem-controlled senate. :dog @ :fail

...and almost as comical as the clowns who take it seriously. :ROFL2
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » January 9th, 2015, 8:09 pm

the problem with socialism is eventually you run out of other peoples money

i had a full time job while i was in college, i worked 40+ hours a week and attended college full time.

what the fuck makes these kids better than me that they are too good to work and go to school, everybody wants something handed to them these days
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 8:11 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

Slang dictionary? Okay... but that's not how it's spelled. It's an Italian word, and it's capisce.

Grammar =/= spelling. Were you not accepted to the local CC?

Why do you keep deflecting back to your original deflection?

Care to name anyone you voted for?

Slang terms are often found in the dictionary, that doesn't make the entire dictionary a "slang dictionary". :crazy :facepalm

Were you not accepted to the local CC?

Why do you keep deflecting from my original 'request'?

Oh, it's because you've got nothing, the same total of championships your beloved Failcons have amassed in their entire existence. What a coincidence. :dog

Okay, here's your chance to nitpick my spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc - have at it. :up
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion