Obama proposes idea of two free years of community college

Moderator: JdPat04

Obama proposes idea of two free years of community college

Postby gatrnation1 » January 9th, 2015, 11:55 am

President Barack Obama wants to make two years of community college free and universally available, a proposal he said on Thursday he would flesh out in his State of the Union speech later this month.

White House officials acknowledged the plan would come with a significant price tag but declined to disclose projected costs, saying those details would come in Obama's budget on Feb. 2.

Under the proposal, students who attend at least half-time, maintain a 2.5 grade point average while in college, and make steady progress toward completing their programs would have their tuition eliminated.

Not all college programs would qualify. Colleges would be required to offer programs where credits could count toward a four-year college and university degree, should students decide to pursue one, or training programs for skills in demand by local employers.

:shock:
gatrnation1

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Re: Obama proposes idea of two free years of community colle

Postby ericberry14 » January 9th, 2015, 1:30 pm

fuck that. taxes going UPPPPPPP
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 9th, 2015, 1:36 pm

Oh, FFS! :facepalm
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » January 9th, 2015, 1:40 pm

obama be like PLLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEEEE LIKE ME!
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 2:34 pm

aubiefifty wrote:i knew no one else would agree. personally i like a smarter america. so i like it. right now if you are not a four star ath or rocket scientist you do not get to go much. we can never have too much education.

Nah, the Pubtards much prefer college education be a complete sinkhole of debt these kids will never be able to climb out of. :up
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » January 9th, 2015, 3:38 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
aubiefifty wrote:i knew no one else would agree. personally i like a smarter america. so i like it. right now if you are not a four star ath or rocket scientist you do not get to go much. we can never have too much education.

Nah, the Pubtards much prefer college education be a complete sinkhole of debt these kids will never be able to climb out of. :up

please dont tell me you are this stupid
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 3:51 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

You bring nothing to the table, just like the Republicans during Obama's term. Not a coincidence.

Republicans have done literally nothing but try and sabotage every single idea that Obama has proposed, all for the single purpose of smearing him and hoping in the end he'll look worse than Dubya did when his sorry ass left office. What they've done during his terms is criminal and as un-American as it gets. Thanks to your Pubs this generation and the one after that will be completely buried in a lifetime of debt thanks to student loans, will be devoid of affordable healthcare, won't have a say in how they can handle their own bodies, etc etc.

Go ahead and list for us all the Republican bills that have helped this country for the last 8 years, I'll wait.
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby FSUKW » January 9th, 2015, 4:04 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

IMO - only lazy, non ambitious people do not climb out of it.

I paid for my college, paid for my wife's Masters degree and I will pay for my kid's college. I do not want to pay for anyone else's college.

I am for a smarter America. I know we are rapidly falling behind other nations in this category. I will be in favor of this if it is funded intelligently, has specific citizenship requirements and has certain career development requirements. I will not be in favor of a straight tax payer increase to fund this. Just legalize marijuana and tax the shit out of it.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 4:14 pm

FSUKW wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

IMO - only lazy, non ambitious people do not climb out of it.

I paid for my college, paid for my wife's Masters degree and I will pay for my kid's college. I do not want to pay for anyone else's college.

I am for a smarter America. I know we are rapidly falling behind other nations in this category. I will be in favor of this if it is funded intelligently, has specific citizenship requirements and has certain career development requirements. I will not be in favor of a straight tax payer increase to fund this. Just legalize marijuana and tax the shit out of it.

How old are you? If you are in your 20's today you have a fraction of a chance of paying for your own college tuition, paying for your wife's college tuition while paying for your rent, automobile, insurance, etc.

We're already way behind in academics, and the Republican's offer no ideas for us to catch up here or in any other facet. All they've done is try to cut the ideas of this administration down, and when something actually works they go from completely bashing it to pretending they supported it from the get go, then absolutely never mentioning it again while moving onto the next subject else to bash to death.

Christie still has thousand's homeless here after Sandy, years after the storm wiped their homes out. But hey, at least his fat, band wagon ass can fly to Dallas and watch the Cowboys which is newsworthy. Guess who's paying those bills?
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby FSUKW » January 9th, 2015, 4:14 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

You bring nothing to the table, just like the Republicans during Obama's term. Not a coincidence.

Republicans have done literally nothing but try and sabotage every single idea that Obama has proposed, all for the single purpose of smearing him and hoping in the end he'll look worse than Dubya did when his sorry ass left office. What they've done during his terms is criminal and as un-American as it gets. Thanks to your Pubs this generation and the one after that will be completely buried in a lifetime of debt thanks to student loans, will be devoid of affordable healthcare, won't have a say in how they can handle their own bodies, etc etc.

Go ahead and list for us all the Republican bills that have helped this country for the last 8 years, I'll wait.

In all seriousness:

Who increased the national debt more, Obama or Bush? - I have not looked at it in over a year but remember reading Obama increased it more in his first 3 years than Bush in 8. I'm too lazy
to look it up nor do I care that much. Just asking.

Who was responsible for the housing crisis? Pretty sure that falls on Clinton, but again who really cares who's fault it was.

At the end of the day, none of these retards are faultless. The finger pointing gets tiresome. Our country will continue to cycle through Democrats and then Republicans in office and nothing drastic will ever change.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 4:18 pm

FSUKW wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

In all seriousness:

Who increased the national debt more, Obama or Bush? - I have not looked at it in over a year but remember reading Obama increased it more in his first 3 years than Bush in 8. I'm too lazy

Who was responsible for the housing crisis? Pretty sure that falls on Clinton, but again who really cares who's fault it was.

At the end of the day, none of these retards are faultless. The finger pointing gets tiresome. Our country will continue to cycle through Democrats and then Republicans in office and nothing drastic will ever change.

That's a deflection, but I do agree with the highlighted statement.

I'd really like to know what Republican bills have helped this country during Obama's run.

Still waiting on you MD. :wave
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby FSUKW » January 9th, 2015, 4:24 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

In all seriousness:

That's a deflection, but I do agree with the highlighted statement.

I'd really like to know what Republican bills have helped this country during Obama's run.

Still waiting on you MD. :wave

Not sure how it's a deflection. I was responding directly to your comment "Thanks to your Pubs this generation and the one after that will be completely buried in a lifetime of debt" with a reply that points at both Clinton and Obama as doing exactly the same. Then complimented it with what you agree with in yellow.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 9th, 2015, 4:27 pm

Solid libtard trolling by YP. :clap

No way he's that retarded. :happyno
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 4:36 pm

sellular1 wrote:Urine idiot. Only broke ass bitches want more free shit. I for one am tired of having to pay more taxes for people and shit that I don't care about. Get a job, get a loan, go to school. It shouldn't be free handouts.

Nowhere did I state I wanted anything for free. In fact, I agree with KW.

When you're done selling iPhone 6's try a course in reading comprehension.

FSUKW wrote:Not sure how it's a deflection. I was responding directly to your comment "Thanks to your Pubs this generation and the one after that will be completely buried in a lifetime of debt" with a reply that points at both Clinton and Obama as doing exactly the same. Then complimented it with what you agree with in yellow.

I see. I asked what ideas or bills the Repubs have had during Obama's term that have helped this country but didn't answer at all during your post, which is why i called it a deflection :lol:

Muck FcDisney wrote:Solid libtard trolling by YP. :clap

Are you going to bail out MD? He's avoided my question like the plague. :sadyes
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 9th, 2015, 4:56 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

I don't see any questions, just a request for some list. To respond to this request would require me to fall for your deflection, which I will not do.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 5:01 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

I don't see any questions, just a request for some list. To respond to this request would require me to fall for your deflection, which I will not do.

Since I generated the current discussion and 'requested' this list, there's nothing I have deflected from. :crazy

Kudos to you for your grammatical nitpick, your deflection, and your uselessness to the conversation. Trifecta! :champ
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 9th, 2015, 5:05 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

Since I generated the current discussion and 'requested' this list, there's nothing I have deflected from. :crazy

Kudos to you for your grammatical nitpick, your deflection, and your uselessness to the conversation. Trifecta! :champ

What would this list have to do with the OP? Refusing to participate in your deflection is not a deflection. If you'd like to discuss a completely different subject, feel free to start another thread.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 9th, 2015, 5:10 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

What would this list have to do with the OP? Refusing to participate in your deflection is not a deflection. If you'd like to discuss a completely different subject, feel free to start another thread.

Still deflecting, sad. The conversation has moved since the OP, as many threads do. Are you new to internet forums and discussion altogether?

I'm going to ahead assume you can't generate a single Republican sponsored bill, or even a single Republican idea, that has resulted in a positive change in this country during Obama's entire administration.

We can move froward now. :yes
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 9th, 2015, 5:42 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:

Back on topic!

2 years of community college is likely to upgrade your position in the workforce from fries to drive-thru. Not exactly a smarter America. :happyno

And if 2 years of community college is "a complete sinkhole of debt [you] will never be able to climb out of," considering 60% of students already leave CC with ZERO student loan debt in the first place, well... you obviously couldn't handle drive-thru and are perpetually unemployed.

And not all people are fit for college. Taxpayer funded college for retards is a complete waste of time and money, so it's no surprise that Obama - and others interested in spending enormous amounts of other people's money with little to no results - would support such an idea.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ScotchFrost97 » January 9th, 2015, 5:45 pm

Who cant afford CC? :ROFL2
ScotchFrost97
2013 TSH Fantasy Football Champion

Team Logo:
USC Trojans

Next

Return to General Discussion