Obama proposes idea of two free years of community college

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: Obama proposes idea of two free years of community colle

Postby FSUseminoles91 » January 10th, 2015, 11:25 pm

This thread is tl;dr but this whole idea is bullshit. I worked my ass off and got scholarships, and took out loans to pay for my shit.

I don't know if it's been covered already, but even though this sounds nice, everyone getting college education and whatnot, but I think it would actually devalue college degrees. If everyone has them, it becomes just an extension of high school. It's already almost worthless having a bachelor's degree; nowadays you need a masters to stand out. The people who truly want an education will get one, and they'll earn scholarships, take loans, etc in order to get it. If money is the only factor keeping you from going to college, then you don't want it bad it enough as far as I'm concerned. The federal government will give almost anyone student loans and at relatively low interest rates. There is no excuse. Work for your shit like everyone else did.

Side note, grants are bullshit too. Get a loan. Just because you're poor doesn't entitle you to free money for school. Take out a loan and pay that shit back like all the middle class students do.

The only time one should receive "free" college is with a MERIT-based scholarship. And no, the 2.5 or whatever bullshit GPA this program requires students have does not make it merit-based. A 2.5 is a fucking joke. A monkey could maintain a 2.5 GPA at a community college.
FSUseminoles91

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 10th, 2015, 11:40 pm

" Who is more deserving of a bailout: the banks and financial institutions whose actions created the subprime crisis or the young Americans who want to spend another four years in school so that they can become writers, engineers, entrepreneurs, teachers, software designers, nurses, architects, 2nd lieutenants, police detectives, etc., etc., etc.? After all, education is not a cost, it’s an investment." - Forbes
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby JdPat04 » January 11th, 2015, 3:42 am

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:" Who is more deserving of a bailout: the banks and financial institutions whose actions created the subprime crisis or the young Americans who want to spend another four years in school so that they can become writers, engineers, entrepreneurs, teachers, software designers, nurses, architects, 2nd lieutenants, police detectives, etc., etc., etc.? After all, education is not a cost, it’s an investment." - Forbes

More deserving. Kids

Needs to be done, neither
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby webfoot » January 11th, 2015, 4:33 am

aubiefifty wrote:i knew no one else would agree. personally i like a smarter america. so i like it. right now if you are not a four star ath or rocket scientist you do not get to go much. we can never have too much education.

I have been saying this for years I think it's a great Idea. And since I'm a republican and I came up with it before Obama you should all support it. If you think about it just adding two more years of free public education. But only the ones who want to apply themselves ! 8)
webfoot

Team Logo:
Oregon Ducks

Postby ericberry14 » January 11th, 2015, 8:30 am

webfoot wrote:
aubiefifty wrote:i knew no one else would agree. personally i like a smarter america. so i like it. right now if you are not a four star ath or rocket scientist you do not get to go much. we can never have too much education.

I have been saying this for years I think it's a great Idea. And since I'm a republican and I came up with it before Obama you should all support it. If you think about it just adding two more years of free public education. But only the ones who want to apply themselves ! 8)

Then everyone who likes the idea can pay for it. Not me though. You can fuck right off when you want me to pay for it. I ain't your baby's daddy
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FSUKW » January 11th, 2015, 2:22 pm

ericberry14 wrote:
webfoot wrote:

Then everyone who likes the idea can pay for it. Not me though. You can fuck right off when you want me to pay for it. I ain't your baby's daddy

:ROFL
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » January 11th, 2015, 8:29 pm

FSUKW wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:
webfoot wrote:

:ROFL

We all know how JD hates to pay for things. :dog
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Previous

Return to General Discussion