Another Ebola patient/dr dies in Murica/ brasky

Moderator: JdPat04

Another Ebola patient/dr dies in Murica/ brasky

Postby JdPat04 » November 17th, 2014, 4:17 pm

Dr. Martin Salia, a surgeon who contracted Ebola after treating patients in Sierra Leone, died Monday, the Nebraska Medical Center said in a statement.

United Methodist News Service / Via Flickr: umcommunications
He died shortly after 4 a.m. "as a result of the advanced symptoms of the disease," the hospital said. He is the second person to die of Ebola in the U.S.

Salia arrived in Nebraska on Saturday afternoon in an "extremely critical condition" which included kidney and respiratory failure.

"Dr. Salia was extremely critical when he arrived here, and unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we weren't able to save him," Dr. Phil Smith, the medical director of the biocontainment unit at Nebraska Medical Center, said in a statement.

Salia, 44, a Sierra Leone native, was a permanent resident of the U.S. and was married to a U.S. citizen.

He was treated at the same biocontainment unit where two other patients were treated and cured: Dr. Richard Sacra and Ashoka Mukpo, a news cameraman.

"In the short time we spent here, it was apparent how caring and compassionate everyone was," Isatu Salia, Salia's wife said in a statement. "We are so appreciative of the opportunity for my husband to be treated here and believe he was in the best place possible." The couple has two children, 12 and 20.

Salia was placed on dialysis, a ventilator, and multiple medications to support his organ systems. He also received a dose of convalescent plasma and ZMapp therapy on Saturday.

"We used every possible treatment available to give Dr. Salia every possible opportunity for survival," Smith said. "In Dr. Salia's case, his disease was already extremely advanced by the time he came here for treatment."

In a statement, President Obama said Salia’s death is “another reminder of the human toll of this disease.”

Zeke Miller@ZekeJMiller Follow
Obama: "We extend our heartfelt condolences to the family and loved ones of Dr. Martin Salia,"
11:04 AM - 17 Nov 14

Salia’s friends and co-workers in Sierra Leone had hugged him after his first Ebola test came back negative early November.

Salia (right) visits with Bishop John K. Yambasu at the United Methodist Church's Kissy Hospital outside Freetown, Sierra Leone.

AP Photo/United Methodist News Service, Mike DuBose
After Salia's first Ebola test came back negative, his friends in Sierra Leone embraced him without their protective gear, the Washington Post reported. After his symptoms persisted, he took another test a week later that came back positive. His colleagues, who had celebrated with him, were forced into quarantine.

"We were celebrating. If the test says you are Ebola-free, we assume you are Ebola-free," Komba Songu M'Briwa, who cared for Salia at the Ebola treatment center in Freetown, told The Washington Post. "Then everything fell apart."

The center where Salia treated patients is now shut down. Salia's doctors in Sierra Leone were reportedly unaware that an Ebola test taken within the first three days of the illness can be inconclusive.

More than 300 Sierra Leonean health workers have died of the disease since the outbreak began in West Africa.

Thomas Eric Duncan was the first Ebola death in the U.S. Duncan, who contracted the disease in Liberia, died in Texas in October. Two nurses, who contracted the disease while caring for Duncan, survived the virus.

Dr. Craig Spencer, an American health care worker who contracted Ebola in Guinea, was declared free of the virus in New York on Nov. 11.

LINK
Here’s How Many People Have Died From Ebola So Far
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Re: Another Ebola patient/dr dies in Murica/ brasky

Postby JdPat04 » November 17th, 2014, 6:32 pm

aubiefifty wrote:sell they had some guy on and he said unless you are shit and snot the chances of getting it were very little. i might be crazy but ebols does not scare me..........

You've lived your life. No shit it doesn't scare you :lolthumb
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby ericberry14 » November 17th, 2014, 6:37 pm

aubiefifty wrote:sell they had some guy on and he said unless you are shit and snot the chances of getting it were very little. i might be crazy but ebols does not scare me..........

you do/think whatever the fuck CNN tells you to do/think
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby ScotchFrost97 » November 17th, 2014, 6:49 pm

Our defense died of ebola
ScotchFrost97
2013 TSH Fantasy Football Champion

Team Logo:
USC Trojans

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » November 17th, 2014, 6:56 pm

Who cares? There's been less than 20 Ebola patients yet the Pubtards plaster this shit all over the news and you morons eat it up :ROFL2

The SARS outbreak had ~8,000 infected and nearly 800 people died.

There's been 1,820 cases of West Nile Virus as of November 4th and 66 people died.

Neither of them have a cure as of today.

Wake me up when Ebola is relevant. :wave
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby semperfi4727 » November 17th, 2014, 7:19 pm

At least it's Nebraska where nobody lives
semperfi4727

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » November 17th, 2014, 7:30 pm

semperfi4727 wrote:At least it's Nebraska where nobody lives

:biglol
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby JdPat04 » November 17th, 2014, 7:43 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Who cares? There's been less than 20 Ebola patients yet the Pubtards plaster this shit all over the news and you morons eat it up :ROFL2

There's been 1,820 cases of West Nile Virus as of November 4th and 66 people died.

This came from buzzfeed the most Libtard or the left wing nutjobs there are.

JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » November 17th, 2014, 7:56 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Who cares? There's been less than 20 Ebola patients yet the Pubtards plaster this shit all over the news and you morons eat it up :ROFL2

JD just confirmed he and his fave site are left wing nut jobs :lolthumb
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » November 17th, 2014, 10:57 pm

JdPat04 wrote:

You've lived your life. No shit it doesn't scare you :lolthumb

Your mom is lucky.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » November 18th, 2014, 9:19 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

JD just confirmed he and his fave site are left wing nut jobs :lolthumb

Riighttt

1. It's not my favorite so please point that out.

2. I do like to laugh at all the retarded libtards on there and troll them.

3. This is just like the bin laden killer thread where you said something about worshiping wrestlers...

You use more wwe GIFS than i... :thought youre projecting your self hatred onto me just like 20 was about mooching off the government.

They probably cut his welfare and now he can't have the net no mo'

Keep dreamin YP
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby JdPat04 » November 18th, 2014, 9:20 pm

Anyways the reason i found this thread

There's a person in India with Ebola. Does another outbreak start there as well?
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » November 18th, 2014, 10:07 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
Riighttt

:liar

You've started topics with buzzfeed articles 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all your threads.

Just checked, scratch that.

100% of your threads. :yes
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby ericberry14 » November 19th, 2014, 2:10 pm

aubiefifty wrote:try again since i got in a hurry. the guy said ebola was not a problem unless you saw snot or shit on the subway and ate some..............

That's not true though. And remember people viruses can mutate at any time. They do in fact this strain of ebola is different from the original EBOLA found in the 60s or 70s but it could still mutate more and if the transmission becomes airborne it could get real bad real fast

And people are worried because it kills over half the people it infects especially over there. I helped my uncle package this epicor stuff that was originally put in livestock feed but has since been refined for humans. It's supposed to support immune health so we are hoping people of SL over there as well as our troops can take it and see positive results as far as not contracting the virus. The only problem is that African governments are not the easiest to deal with so we can't send it too much or too often. Not to mention it costing over 300 dollars to ship 9 pounds to west Africa and that's with it being discounted over 200 because it's a humanitarian thing. However if it works hopefully our government can start doing it here for our troops if they plan on sending them over as well as shipping it themselves.
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » November 19th, 2014, 5:51 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Riighttt

:liar

You've started topics with buzzfeed articles 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all your threads.

Just checked, scratch that.

100% of your threads. :yes

If thats you you should check again if you have a dick, if you live in America, if youre a real Yankees fan and anything else youre 100% sure of.

It's obvious your education isn't that great :biglol
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » November 19th, 2014, 7:46 pm

:biglol @ Mr. No-GED with pinky tattoos talking about anyone's education
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Return to General Discussion