Buried Treasure Right Here

Moderator: JdPat04

Buried Treasure Right Here

Postby gatrnation1 » November 10th, 2014, 2:29 am

I kayak at this place, look up pirates and ross island, tampa bay. Let's find this shit!
gatrnation1

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Re: Buried Treasure Right Here

Postby FSUKW » November 10th, 2014, 1:23 pm

Found this..

Tiny Ross Island in Upper Tampa Bay near St. Petersburg, Florida, holds the secret of a pirate treasure that has been lost since the late 1820's. Only about one mile long, north to south, and one-half mile wide, this low-lying isle was the site of a pirate colony, a lair of renegades who preyed upon merchant ships in the Tampa Bay area.

Capt. Henry Ross, the ruler of the colony, buried a chest of gold there in 1821. More was buried later, but none has ever been recovered, to the best of anyone's knowledge.

and this on a message board....

The island was named after John Ross, a Civil War veteran who settled the island in 1865. His grave and tombstone is there as well as his sons grave. It is now a state park and there is no digging allowed. I went there before it was a state park and found numerous holes around the island. There is a story that the island was once home to a band of pirates that raided ships going to Tampa.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » November 10th, 2014, 1:24 pm

FSUKW wrote:Found this..

Tiny Ross Island in Upper Tampa Bay near St. Petersburg, Florida, holds the secret of a pirate treasure that has been lost since the late 1820's. Only about one mile long, north to south, and one-half mile wide, this low-lying isle was the site of a pirate colony, a lair of renegades who preyed upon merchant ships in the Tampa Bay area.

Capt. Henry Ross, the ruler of the colony, buried a chest of gold there in 1821. More was buried later, but none has ever been recovered, to the best of anyone's knowledge.

and this on a message board....

The island was named after John Ross, a Civil War veteran who settled the island in 1865. His grave and tombstone is there as well as his sons grave. It is now a state park and there is no digging allowed. I went there before it was a state park and found numerous holes around the island. There is a story that the island was once home to a band of pirates that raided ships going to Tampa.

appears message board guy is an idiot..... :ROFL2
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » November 10th, 2014, 2:57 pm

aubiefifty wrote:i always thought metal detectors would be fun if ya had a good one. i already know where a dock is where a nice engagement ring and an expensive pocket knife were lost.but being at the river they have probably been washed away. plus i have seen a cuple of snakes in the water.
so gn i want to tie a float to the back of your kayak and let you pull me around while i get buzzed...what ya think?

He has a kayak, not a tug boat..... :dog
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Return to General Discussion