Fucking mother fucking faggot liberals

Moderator: JdPat04

Fucking mother fucking faggot liberals

Postby wsucougfan88 » November 6th, 2014, 1:38 am

So Washington State just passed the most strict gun law in the USA... That requires a background check whenever a gun is sold or changes hands... That means if me and my buddies go to the gun range and I let one of my friends shoot my gun I have to do a background check or its a felony...

Just fucking handing a gun to a friend to look at it is a felony now... This country is so fucked.
wsucougfan88

Team Logo:
Washington St

Re: Fucking mother fucking faggot liberals

Postby Muck FcDisney » November 6th, 2014, 1:54 am

By "changes hands", are you sure they don't mean ownership? If it's like you say, yeah, that's crazy.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby wsucougfan88 » November 6th, 2014, 2:11 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:By "changes hands", are you sure they don't mean ownership? If it's like you say, yeah, that's crazy.

It is like I said.... Fucking bullshit
wsucougfan88

Team Logo:
Washington St

Postby Muck FcDisney » November 6th, 2014, 2:35 am

wsucougfan88 wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:By "changes hands", are you sure they don't mean ownership? If it's like you say, yeah, that's crazy.

It is like I said.... Fucking bullshit

Well, if nothing else, it will be nearly impossible to enforce. It will probably only matter if you loan someone a gun and they go commit a crime. Of course, there will eventually be a few bullshit arrests and they'll consider revising the law. Still sucks though... :sadyes
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Eye_of_Horus » November 6th, 2014, 3:13 am

LOL @ your state.

The Seattle area needs to be broken off from the rest of the state...over the top liberal fucks.
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby gatrnation1 » November 6th, 2014, 3:20 am

Coug is just mad because the new mini wage increase means he has to pay an additional $15 for his Birkenstocks and another $25 to get an oil change in his smart car.
gatrnation1

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby webfoot » November 6th, 2014, 9:00 am

Wonder what the minimum wage in Washington is v.s. Florida :thought
webfoot

Team Logo:
Oregon Ducks

Postby JdPat04 » November 6th, 2014, 12:21 pm

gatrnation1 wrote:Coug is just mad because the new mini wage increase means he has to pay an additional $15 for his Birkenstocks and another $25 to get an oil change in his smart car.

You know how much a Fucking oil change is for some of those cars?

My bro doesn't have one of the retarded ones but he has a VW Jetta that uses diesel. Gets 55-6? Mpg

His oil change would cost him atleast $400 but he has a friend that used to work at the shop and do them who does the at home for a lot cheaper
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » November 6th, 2014, 1:10 pm

wsucougfan88 wrote:So Washington State just passed the most strict gun law in the USA... That requires a background check whenever a gun is sold or changes hands... That means if me and my buddies go to the gun range and I let one of my friends shoot my gun I have to do a background check or its a felony...

Just fucking handing a gun to a friend to look at it is a felony now... This country is so fucked.

This lib bashing interesting, especially coming from a Wash resident.

I can't fathom why anyone sane would be opposed to extra measures when it comes to obtaining or transferring a firearm to another party.

Isn't Seattle seeing faster job growth and a booming restaurant scene thanks to the min wage hike from $9.xx to $15.00? :thought
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby wsucougfan88 » November 6th, 2014, 1:21 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
wsucougfan88 wrote:So Washington State just passed the most strict gun law in the USA... That requires a background check whenever a gun is sold or changes hands... That means if me and my buddies go to the gun range and I let one of my friends shoot my gun I have to do a background check or its a felony...

This lib bashing interesting, especially coming from a Wash resident.

I can't fathom why anyone sane would be opposed to extra measures when it comes to obtaining or transferring a firearm to another party.

Isn't Seattle seeing faster job growth and a booming restaurant scene thanks to the min wage hike from $9.xx to $15.00? :thought

Eastern washington is completely different than Western Washington.

Western Washington has 5x the people so they always win :banghead
wsucougfan88

Team Logo:
Washington St

Postby Muck FcDisney » November 6th, 2014, 3:07 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Isn't Seattle seeing faster job growth and a booming restaurant scene thanks to the min wage hike from $9.xx to $15.00? :thought

:no

“In Seattle, 42 percent of surveyed employers were ‘very likely’ to reduce the number of employees per shift or overall staffing levels as a direct consequence of the law. Similarly, 44 percent reported that they were’“very likely” to scale back on employees’ hours to help offset the increased cost of the law. That’s particularly bad news for the Seattle metro area, where the unemployment rate for 16- to 19-year-olds is already north of 30 percent — due in part to Washington state’s already-high minimum wage.

Perhaps most concerning about the $15 proposal is that some businesses anticipated going beyond an increase in prices or a reduction in staffing levels. More than 43 percent of respondents said it was ‘very likely’ they would limit future expansion in Seattle in response to the law. One in seven respondents is even “very likely” to close a current location in the city limits.”

Sure, people want to work there, but businesses can't afford to hire them. The wage hike drives up cost of living as well, making things even worse for the unemployed / marginally employed. :sadyes
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » November 6th, 2014, 3:18 pm

gatrnation1 wrote:Coug is just mad because the new mini wage increase means he has to pay an additional $15 for his Birkenstocks and another $25 to get an oil change in his smart car.

:sadyes
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » November 6th, 2014, 3:29 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Isn't Seattle seeing faster job growth and a booming restaurant scene thanks to the min wage hike from $9.xx to $15.00? :thought

“In Seattle, 42 percent of surveyed employers were ‘very likely’ to reduce the number of employees per shift or overall staffing levels as a direct consequence of the law. Similarly, 44 percent reported that they were’“very likely” to scale back on employees’ hours to help offset the increased cost of the law. That’s particularly bad news for the Seattle metro area, where the unemployment rate for 16- to 19-year-olds is already north of 30 percent — due in part to Washington state’s already-high minimum wage.

Perhaps most concerning about the $15 proposal is that some businesses anticipated going beyond an increase in prices or a reduction in staffing levels. More than 43 percent of respondents said it was ‘very likely’ they would limit future expansion in Seattle in response to the law. One in seven respondents is even “very likely” to close a current location in the city limits.”

Sure, people want to work there, but businesses can't afford to hire them. The wage hike drives up cost of living as well, making things even worse for the unemployed / marginally employed. :sadyes

Your quote is from an article prior to the wage increase, which means it's from earlier than May which is when the legislation was passed.

Have any quotes or stats about the + or - effects of the wage increase after it went actually went live? :dunno

[ img ]

Don't see them suffering too much atm. :thought
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » November 6th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Your quote is from an article prior to the wage increase, which means it's from earlier than May which is when the legislation was passed.

Have any quotes or stats about the + or - effects of the wage increase after it went actually went live? :dunno

[ img ]

The article is from June. The wage increase is phased in from now until 2021 anyway.

Regarding the +/- effects, we'll have to wait until 2021 or later... The report is what employers plan to do. It's way too early, obviously, but since April:
US unemployment rate has DROPPED from 6.3% to 6.1%
Washington State's unemployment rate has DROPPED from 6.1% to 5.6%
Seattle's unemployment rate has RISEN from 4.0% to 4.7%

Your chart (LOL @ New Jersey) is from 2013 to the beginning of 2014 (i.e- before May), and Seattle is a city (less than 10% of Washington's population), so I don't see how it's relevant at all.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » November 6th, 2014, 4:24 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:Seattle's unemployment rate has RISEN from 4.0% to 4.7%

This was through August. Per the BLS, Seattle's unemployment was at 5.1% in September.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » November 6th, 2014, 5:06 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

[ img ]

The article is from June. The wage increase is phased in from now until 2021 anyway.

Regarding the +/- effects, we'll have to wait until 2021 or later... The report is what employers plan to do. It's way too early, obviously, but since April:
US unemployment rate has DROPPED from 6.3% to 6.1%
Washington State's unemployment rate has DROPPED from 6.1% to 5.6%
Seattle's unemployment rate has RISEN from 4.0% to 4.7%

Your chart (LOL @ New Jersey) is from 2013 to the beginning of 2014 (i.e- before May), and Seattle is a city (less than 10% of Washington's population), so I don't see how it's relevant at all.

According to a few sources the national unemployment rate for September was 5.9, not 6.1, such as this one: http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-unemployment-update.aspx :dunno I read that posted quote you pasted from an article & I'm pretty sure was posted before May, but I'll take your word for it here.

As for the Seattle: the unemployment rate there hovered for 5 months @ 4.7-4.9% from Nov '13 to March '14, dipped to 4.0% in April, and appears to be leveling right back to where it was previously as it's fluctuating from 4.4 - 4.6% every month since. At any rate, I suspect Microsoft laying off thousands from their global workforce has a large part to play there, as The Seattle Times has reported.

So, US Unemployment rates are dropping? How is that possible with Obama in office? :thought

I wanted to confirm this and found a recent article posted on 10/21 had this to offer:

State Unemployment Rates | September 2014

Unemployment rates dropped in 31 states in September, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Rates increased in eight states and Puerto Rico, while rates in 11 states and the District of Columbia were unchanged. The national unemployment rate for September was 5.9, the first time unemployment has dropped below six percent since July 2008. :up

Compared to a year ago, unemployment has dropped in 42 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico, increased in five states and was unchanged in three states.

Thirty-nine states experienced job growth during September. States with the largest job growth were Texas, Illinois and Colorado, which saw 36,400; 19,300; and 14,600 new jobs respectively. California had the largest number of job losses, down by 9,800 jobs, followed by Pennsylvania, which lost 9,600 jobs.

Georgia had the highest unemployment rate among the states :dog , at 7.9 percent, but that is down from 8.1 prcent in August. :up North Dakota again had the lowest unemployment rate, at 2.8 percent.

Seven states had statistically significant unemployment rate decreases in September. Unemployment fell by 0.4 percentage points in Colorado and Kentucky, by 0.3 percentage points in Nevada, and by 0.2 percentage points in Florida, Idaho, Minnesota and New York. The only statistically significant increases in unemployment were in Vermont and Massachusetts, up by 0.3 and 0.2 percentage points respectively. :up

State unemployment rates for October will be released on Friday, Nov. 21, 2014.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-unemployment-update.aspx
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » November 6th, 2014, 5:55 pm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:According to a few sources the national unemployment rate for September was 5.9, not 6.1, such as this one: http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-unemployment-update.aspx :dunno

As I noted above, the original numbers I posted only went through August.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:I read that posted quote you pasted from an article & I'm pretty sure was posted before May, but I'll take your word for it here.

The article was from August, but the report came out in June.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:As for the Seattle: the unemployment rate there hovered for 5 months @ 4.7-4.9% from Nov '13 to March '14, dipped to 4.0% in April, and appears to be leveling right back to where it was previously as it's fluctuating from 4.4 - 4.6% every month since. At any rate, I suspect Microsoft laying off thousands from their global workforce has a large part to play there, as The Seattle Times has reported.

Again, Seattle's unemployment for September was at 5.1%. The Microsoft point is valid. Again, the wage increase won't be fully implemented until 2021, so it's way too early to determine the effects.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:So, US Unemployment rates are dropping? How is that possible with Obama in office? :thought

We're getting a little off topic here, but when people give up looking for work, unemployment drops. The percentage of the workforce that is actually employed remains as low as it's been in 35 years. :sadyes

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:I wanted to confirm this and found a recent article posted on 10/21 had this to offer:

State Unemployment Rates | September 2014

Unemployment rates dropped in 31 states in September, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Rates increased in eight states and Puerto Rico, while rates in 11 states and the District of Columbia were unchanged. The national unemployment rate for September was 5.9, the first time unemployment has dropped below six percent since July 2008. :up

Compared to a year ago, unemployment has dropped in 42 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico, increased in five states and was unchanged in three states.

The government's measure of unemployment is comical, at best, and has been for a long time. This is a more accurate representation of reality: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t01.htm

Y4NK33 PL4N3T wrote:Thirty-nine states experienced job growth during September. States with the largest job growth were Texas, Illinois and Colorado, which saw 36,400; 19,300; and 14,600 new jobs respectively. California had the largest number of job losses, down by 9,800 jobs, followed by Pennsylvania, which lost 9,600 jobs.

Georgia had the highest unemployment rate among the states :dog , at 7.9 percent, but that is down from 8.1 prcent in August. :up North Dakota again had the lowest unemployment rate, at 2.8 percent.

Seven states had statistically significant unemployment rate decreases in September. Unemployment fell by 0.4 percentage points in Colorado and Kentucky, by 0.3 percentage points in Nevada, and by 0.2 percentage points in Florida, Idaho, Minnesota and New York. The only statistically significant increases in unemployment were in Vermont and Massachusetts, up by 0.3 and 0.2 percentage points respectively. :up

State unemployment rates for October will be released on Friday, Nov. 21, 2014.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-unemployment-update.aspx

K. Nice use of color, BTW! :2thumbs
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » November 6th, 2014, 6:06 pm

I think it's now safe to declare:

:threadjacked

:chewy
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols