Is there WWE fans here?

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: Is there WWE fans here?

Postby JdPat04 » August 28th, 2014, 8:11 pm

However it can still be entertaining, you just don't compare the 2, otherwise you still wouldn't be watching the nba because it used to be a whole lot better.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby 08GatorBait » August 28th, 2014, 8:16 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:1. Vince killed the territories.

2. WCW killed themselves.

3. Competition breeds better product so we do need more competition and that will make a better product. The independents are gaining attraction which helps bring in better talent. They have brought in Kevin steen and others and that's where Punk and Bryan and Cesaro Sandow Rollins Ambrose and others all came from.

However md you are wrong in saying how better WCW was.... WCW was not that much better. It was only better at the beginning because it had real wrestling while wwF had a bunch of cartoon character gimmicks and then it became better with the nwo WHICH is also what killed it too.

If WCW was as good as you think it was it wouldn't have died like it did. ECW did better than WCW per money being spent on it.

But as I said WCW killed themselves and they're ending was all at the hands of themselves and could've been prevented by themselves.

Please elaborate

Any specifics or all of it :?

mainly the whole "nwo killed wcw" and "wcw killed themselves" part

i personally believe that eric bishoff probably paid hulk and those guys too much money, i can believe that happened and he eventually ran out

but other than paying the stars too much i want to know how wcw "killed themsleves" not saying you are wrong, i just havent researched the topic

NWO controlled WCW from what I heard. They had so much leverage they ended up taking the company down. JD knows more than I about it but I've heard that for awhile now.

Personally...I hated the main stars in WCW. Goldberg and Sting rocked, I hated DDP, Jeff Jarrett, Hogan and Nash(fucking so overrated), etc.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby 08GatorBait » August 28th, 2014, 8:18 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:yea i figured it was the star power, WCW was on top, but for a short time

when they had savage sting hogan nash hall ddp flair

wrestling had NEVER BEEN THAT AWESOME

fuck even booker T and harlem heat were awesome

wwf stuck to its guns and made better business decisions, but you cannot tell me wrestling is better now than it was then

Wrestling now is almost a joke. It was so much better then. I don't think JD has ever argued it is better now. It isn't even close. Even TNA is straight garbage now. It could have been ECW 2.0 and it ended up fucking blowing. They fucked up trying to over pay Hogan and other big names that didn't work out...now they have....JEFF HARDY as their biggest face LOL.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby OregonDucks » August 28th, 2014, 8:41 pm

Hogan/NWO killed WCW. They brain washed Eric Bischoff who drove it to the ground.

"Finger Poke Of Doom" Enough said..

TNA does what? oh goes and hires Bischoff and Hogan...Product hasn't been the same since and is about to die out.
OregonDucks

Team Logo:
Oregon Ducks

Postby JdPat04 » August 28th, 2014, 8:47 pm

TNA at the moment can't get a tv deal. It's a good chance they can get a last minute deal with spike for a lower price but if they don't get it could be bad for them.

Jeff Jarrett has a promotion starting and i think it might be on CMT.

TNA has a consistency problem.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby OregonDucks » August 28th, 2014, 9:00 pm

JdPat04 wrote:TNA at the moment can't get a tv deal. It's a good chance they can get a last minute deal with spike for a lower price but if they don't get it could be bad for them.

I always get excited when I hear there is a new wrestling promotion, because it gives me slight hope that someday it will rival WWE and give them competition....However, didn't Jarrett create TNA as well? He didn't do too well with that......

ROH needs to pick up a TV deal.
OregonDucks

Team Logo:
Oregon Ducks

Postby JdPat04 » August 28th, 2014, 9:07 pm

OregonDucks wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:TNA at the moment can't get a tv deal. It's a good chance they can get a last minute deal with spike for a lower price but if they don't get it could be bad for them.

I always get excited when I hear there is a new wrestling promotion, because it gives me slight hope that someday it will rival WWE and give them competition....However, didn't Jarrett create TNA as well? He didn't do too well with that......

ROH needs to pick up a TV deal.

There will never be a rival to wwe, however the more spots there are for wrestlers to wrestle it will still be better for the business no matter what.

It gives them the options to tell the wwe to fuck off they don't want their bullshit stories

It gives younger talent places to grow and learn before going to the wwe and learning multiple styles of fighting not just one style thats tought in Orlando at their developmental.

So yeah it would be good if it was a rival, maybe... But also not even being a rival and just focusing on being a wrestling promotion thats not competing with anybody will be what works the best.

If I opened a merchandise store i wouldn't try to compete with wal mart and target... Id lose.

I'd try to compete against myself and just win the customers that like what im selling.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby OregonDucks » August 28th, 2014, 9:10 pm

true
OregonDucks

Team Logo:
Oregon Ducks

Postby johnnybravo23 » August 31st, 2014, 8:13 am

Technically Vince changed his shit up because he was still using 80s gimmicks when the NWO first hit and were red hot. The whole "attitude era" was about WWE not being gimmicky & family friendly like it had through most of it's run. Vince went Jerry Springer and stole ideas from ECW and put his spin on them. THe smartest thing he did was ride a hot guy with a great following to the top in Stone Cold. Where WCW had the chance to really ride DDP & Sting in '97 into '98 but dropped the ball after both's great builds throughout the year.

If anyone has the WWE Network, the Monday Night Wars documentary is well done and explains it all.

As for Lesnar, I think he'll drop the title at Wrestlemania to Roman Reigns. And he'll beat someone like Randy Orton or a returning Batista along the way who came up with him in 2002. Maybe both to really build up Brock as their superior and an unbeatable mercenary and have Reigns be the hero after winning the Rumble match. It has my interest.
johnnybravo23

Postby JdPat04 » August 31st, 2014, 1:33 pm

johnnybravo23 wrote:Technically Vince changed his shit up because he was still using 80s gimmicks when the NWO first hit and were red hot. The whole "attitude era" was about WWE not being gimmicky & family friendly like it had through most of it's run. Vince went Jerry Springer and stole ideas from ECW and put his spin on them. THe smartest thing he did was ride a hot guy with a great following to the top in Stone Cold. Where WCW had the chance to really ride DDP & Sting in '97 into '98 but dropped the ball after both's great builds throughout the year.

If anyone has the WWE Network, the Monday Night Wars documentary is well done and explains it all.

As for Lesnar, I think he'll drop the title at Wrestlemania to Roman Reigns. And he'll beat someone like Randy Orton or a returning Batista along the way who came up with him in 2002. Maybe both to really build up Brock as their superior and an unbeatable mercenary and have Reigns be the hero after winning the Rumble match. It has my interest.

That was my assessment about the wwF and WCW.

Also Vince didn't steal from ecw..... From what I know Paul Heyman was working for Vince or in cahoots and giving that all his stuff to Vince for Vince to use. Can further explain if people don't believe me.

Also i don't see Lesnar facing Orton. Orton is a heel. He belongs as a heel. Batista... :dunno maybe they try him as a face again but who knows how successful thatll be considering you'll have him coming right back in and taking the championship spot away from somebody else which is why he was bootista in the first place.

There is Sheamus who could be into the title pic, Mark Henry and or Show, when they are done with the Worlds Strongest Show Tag Team :dunno

Can't remember when Bryan is supposed to be back AND he'll probably face Cena again after November.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Previous

Return to General Discussion